Toribash
Original Post
Its illegal to take google textures and edit them and sell them,happened with my friend and he got banned for 3 months,i suggest u to not even try to save them.
editing someone elses texture and selling them is against the rules.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Not that I encourage, but I witnessed some ppl win design events using edits from google, so it's possible to 'pass under the radar' with it.

Thing is, someone will ask you to do something specific and then you will be busted, or you might run into someone who can see through your ties to cower up stock image(s) and then again you will be busted.
In any case that is a job for murky ppl that can't be called artists, more like copycats.
You will be smitten by ban hammer of Leonardo da Vinci's ghost.

Then again, you might get lucky. Some thieves succeeded.
Solax Moderated Message:
But not thieves on Toribash. Under no circumstances should you steal or attempt to steal textures or anything like that. Bojan was just being hypothetical. (Seriously, don't plagiarize.)
Last edited by Solax; Aug 24, 2012 at 12:07 PM.
Technically if you steal a picture from google, modify it slightly and sell it you will make tons of profit every time with zero amount of work required, then you will be called a pro texturer and win all texture requests, because everyone knows that if you do slight modifications to an image and map it to a sphere without any ugly edges or seams it won't be plagiarizing, and the kids will love it!
Last edited by Ezeth; Aug 24, 2012 at 05:29 PM.