Toribash
Original Post
Metal and the internet.
What makes the two go so well together?

I honestly have no clue why (almost) everyone on the net listens to Metal. I'm not saying it's bad music, I'm just wondering why it's the most popular genre on the internet.
And I'm not really looking for "metal is da best" answers, I'm just interested in hearing why you listen to metal. I, myself, don't really listen to metal at all, apart from an occasional song I like (that rarely happens >_>), I'm more of a trance/dance type of person :v
i really don't think the internet has anything to do with it. its more what attracts you to a type of music, which has to do with stuff like lyrics, instrumentation, stuff like that
FUCKING MAGNETS EVERYWHERE IN THIS BITCH
I honestly think it depends on what area of the net you go to.

Most of the social websites like facebook to me seem to be dominated with mainstream hip-hop/r'n'b lovers.
Sites like newgrounds is mostly techno.
And Toribash, well metal, I'd say.

Just from my personal experience.
Toribash is pretty metal. I listen to metal because well, the beats and the bad ass riffs the artists has to offer. I love the bad ass blues sound that Dave Mustaine has. Oh if you like the dance/trance music you should listen to the song Chaos A.D. by Sepultura. I don't like it, but you might.
Personally I'm a very eclectic listener. I listen to most music genres and sub-genres.
What I find interesting about metal is the brutality of the drumming, the gutturals, the bass/guitars, the energy and the extreme concept behind it. It really gives me a powerful feeling.

Since you like techno, perhaps you like speedcore?? Well check out The Berzerker. They make crazy fusions between speedcore and extreme metal.

Last edited by GenkiSudo; Sep 26, 2009 at 06:41 AM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Speedcore really isn't my thing :v I'm more into melodic techno.

I have a feeling this post contains horrible English, but yeah, here goes;

I suppose it depends on what communities you go to, but then again, I've got a lot of 'nerdier' friends, that are gamers and are frequent internet'ers that also listen to metal. They don't go to Toribash, they have their own sites they frequent (I'm not talking 4chan here or anything, just ordinary sites), yet they all end up loving metal more than any other genres.
You have to agree though, the chance of finding a metal fan on the internet is about 80% bigger than finding someone who listens to house or anything like that.
Sure, it's possible, there are enough people on the internet that do listen to electronic music, but metal still makes up the majority. Try going to youtube and looking for a game AMV without looking for a specific song and pick a random one that looks interesting without looking at song titles, there's a fair chance that it's going to be hard rock or metal.
If it isn't then it's usually hard- or speedcore .__.
Last edited by Mapleleaf; Sep 26, 2009 at 11:07 AM.
I think metal appeals to the social outcast type who would be more likely to spend time on the internet. All of my irl friends who like the internet love metal.

Also, LOL at people linking speedcore songs to people who like electronic music in a discussion thread.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
machismo

fake machismo and man-o-war level machismo alike

the internet has been a safehaven for manly manliness since its inception and has been regarded since as a "no girly stuff zone", and those who are members of this clique have an aversion to "canned music" and radiopop dregs, and have long seeked solace in esoteric and specially LOUD music.

THAT may change though....

Also, they have admittedly short attention spans, so long drawn out loveydovey ballads dont suit well.
I was about to post pleasure slave's live vid to support your post about manowar machismo avwave, then I realized I would have been banned for that.
●Alpha●
●OLDA●
●ORMO●
Originally Posted by DeeJayy741 View Post
I honestly think it depends on what area of the net you go to.

Most of the social websites like facebook to me seem to be dominated with mainstream hip-hop/r'n'b lovers.
Sites like newgrounds is mostly techno.
And Toribash, well metal, I'd say.

Just from my personal experience.

I agree on the first 2, but Toribash's metal? It's so goddamn widespread here.

Also, people who like metal are usually social outcasts, sometimes angry ones, and they like the "lonely socializing" that the internet provides. I experienced this during my childhood, when I tried too hard to be different by listening to metal. Most people I know of that liked metal moved on to other things, such as electro - rock, stuff. On the internet, you can usually be accepted for liking Ladytron instead of crappy rage-metal, and vice versa.

In short, if you're trying to be alternative, going to the internet is the perfect place.

EDIT: I did some other edits, but firefox lagged and I lost it. I'll probably post again if I can remember what it was.
Last edited by dalir; Sep 26, 2009 at 08:46 PM.
|11:33| »» [shark] so you're saying that you just paid 80 euros for pussy
|11:33| »» [Quit] [x] shark [pee@NUP-6C9C98D4.elisa-laajakaista.fi] [Quit:]