Toribash
Original Post
Nintendo DSi LL
So, Nintendo are launching a redesign of the DSi, named the DSi LL in Japan, or the DSi XL over here in the west. Basically, is has a bigger screen and the console itself is slightly bigger, meant to help the elderly play too.

http://kotaku.com/5392444/how-does-t...si-and-ds-lite - comparisons

Discuss. Was this really necessary?
<lumpysolo> ermergerd it's jalis <lumpysolo> love u too jalis <3
<jalis> you are worthless <jalis> ignored for my sanity
Their just expanding to make it more profitable and playable for more age groups. In the end they just want to make more profit, but yeah. I guess it was necessary if they want to expand and shit. As for the old people, though. They should just wear glasses instead of buying a new DSi which will more than likely cost alot more than the original.
Yeah, i'm the Boxman
<~ishi> damnit ishi where are you.
I think it was stupid to even make a DSi or even a DS lite.
It seemed completely unecceccary, what's wrong with the original DS? Nothing.
All the DS lite did was make the screen a little brighter and smaller.
DSi was a lot of change but non of it was necceccary. IMO they tried to make it similar to and iPhone or iPod touch.
Still, I have my original DS and it works completely fine.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
i wub u lSl :D
[vibe] [ORMO] [GATA]

Originally Posted by fargle View Post
It seemed completely unecceccary, what's wrong with the original DS? Nothing.

You think there was nohing wrong with it? Dirt got caught between the console and the screen, so the touch screen couldn't be calibrated properly. I myself owned an original DS until the touch screen was so bad I couldn't interact with some of the screen, so I got a DS Lite which has a barrier to stop that happening.
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
You think there was nohing wrong with it? Dirt got caught between the console and the screen, so the touch screen couldn't be calibrated properly. I myself owned an original DS until the touch screen was so bad I couldn't interact with some of the screen, so I got a DS Lite which has a barrier to stop that happening.

The same thing happened to me.
Yeah, i'm the Boxman
<~ishi> damnit ishi where are you.
I think this is a dumb decision to release now because the original DSi has only been out for like a few months, so it's kind of screwing the people who bought it already. The only way I think they could improve it is to bring back the GBA slot
FUCKING MAGNETS EVERYWHERE IN THIS BITCH
In my opinion the DSi is going to be better (for me that is), you've seen how big it is. That thing won't slip down my pocket, but the DSi does. So.. ye, it's supposed to be small.
Sigma | Gata
Lost pet looking for home
I'm perfectly happy with my Lite (limited edition black and silver o/). I really don't see the point in paying another £60 (ds lite costs £90) for 2 VGA cameras, an SD slot and the removal of the GBA slot.
I've used the cameras and they're fun to screw around with for about 5 minutes. The only thing that interests me is the DSi shop, but I'm not buying a 3rd DS just for that.
FUCKING MAGNETS EVERYWHERE IN THIS BITCH
Nintendo : we need something new guys
workers : i know, lets redesign the DS... again
Nintendo : ...
Nintendo : Fanfuckingtastic idea
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ