Toribash
Original Post
Bayonetta
Believe it or not, I was actually really psyched about this game for a while. The same people behind it were behind godhand, so you know it has to be great.

There are few games with this much crazy shit going on. there are an unbelievable amount of combos you can excecute, and the fighting flows seamlessly. Also, it doesn't take itself seriously at all, and I love that.

Yeah, its bananas.

only on 360 afaik
^garblejfidlssja beflijfdsl baeufkh dsjlinuefjdsl
It's on PS3 as well, but it's pretty bad compared to the 360 version apparently. Lots of framerate issues, etc.
Personally, I think this game looks awful.
infamous
Looks like a cool game
Interesting that the protagonist is a woman and not a man.
Most of the games like this have a man as the protagonist.
Sad i don't have a ps3 =/.
42 | 3rd Dan Black Belt | Happy Faic :D
I own this game on the 360, sofar it is REALLY good, the amount of shit going on/ how intuitive the controls are really sells it, the style is strong and the witch time mechanic makes impossibly awesome combos possible, and I'm constantly finding new things that link together.
<FeD> i will allow my ass being raped
Got this for 360, damned awesome game.. fluid and deep combat system, nice soundtrack(same composers as in Okami, some guy who made music for MGS4, etc.), great graphics and enemy design(this reminds me of Okami, actually), great action cutscenes and humor that reminds me of viewtiful joe and okami (haven't played the DMC series) I should get to buying Godhand..

The enemies are nice and varied and require different tactics to beat, as you would predict. I love good boss fights and this game sure doesn't disappoint, there are plenty of huge multi-phase bosses and good mirror-fight style boss battles. At the end the game goes so over the top its hard to imagine anything else going so far, but its all polished and fun to play.

There are also various references to the games I previously mentioned, and tributes to Afterburner and Space Harrier.

Great combat system along with loads of unlockables keeps the game very replayable. The combo scoring system is pretty fun, though its clearly easier to get high combos with weaker weapons & guns. I use scarborough fair for the most part now due to good comboing and switch to the weapon you unlock from the last difficulty if I need to kill a large enemy I have trouble fighting.

I actually already have 60 hours in the game.. didnt expect to be playing such a game so much. The combat system is fun and the boss fights still feel epic on like the 6th time I've played through them, its strange. I've got all the achievements and maxed health & magic, still trying to get more platinum trophies on normal to unlock stuff. The achievements are easy, they mostly just require you to play lots. The hardest difficulty isnt hard to "clear" as the game has checkpoints all over the place. Oh yeah, I still have that lost chapter to complete.. that will be fun.
Last edited by Zaarock; Jan 17, 2010 at 11:44 PM.