Toribash
Original Post
WTF is up with trolling?
Ya you heard right. I'm asking whats up with trolling. The gaming world is not what it used to be. Now all you see is young kids always trying to troll you because they think its the cool thing to do nowadays. It's not it's stupid and immature. I miss the old days where everyone was usually a good sport and always trying their best and giving respect when they get beat. I can't be the only one who still does it am I? Now i'm not saying i don't get mad. But I'll still say good game or nice move when it's needed. If the gaming world could go back to the way it used to be then maybe just maybe we could all get along and maybe there wouldn;t be as many bans on toribash anymore.

What do you guys think?

(I know their are gonna be some idiot's who try to troll. Here's a fair warning: Do it and I will report you.)
(Acesonnall Here)
Trolling has always been there in the gaming world. It just hasn't been referred to as trolling. I agree, it's the most immature thing when a kid younger than 13 tries to pick a fight with everyone or one person by using common trolling phrases like "Umadbro?" It's only embarrassing to them when they say phrases like that when nobody is really in a bad mood. It's not just little kids either, the adults actually facilitate this disgusting demeanor by reacting poorly to these kids. Everything is screwed up right now and probably won't balance for a long time, but, that's life. Staff also don't do a good job with dealing with these kids of annoyances as they often do the same thing to.

What they don't realize is that they aren't making themselves look too smart and appealing. I usually disregard it as trolling isn't supposed to be used like that (I guess) and try to set an example.

But yes, I do tend to wish people didn't act so ignorant online and rather played the game in such a way that everyone in the server has a good time.

In toribash, it's an amazing moment when you can have 5 people in a server in which they are all decent players and more importantly having good personalities.
Last edited by ScmedyYoU; Apr 27, 2012 at 12:34 AM.
The gaming world was never, ever like that. In Q3, what did you hear most of the time? "FUCK YOU NOOB" "LOL PWN'D FAG" and "I AM 1337".

umadbro?
Last edited by sireal; Apr 27, 2012 at 12:33 AM.
<sireal> chuck you're a gay cunt
<Chuck_Gaming> I am
You hurt my feelings...
Well, yeah, there are lots of kids who try to troll or/and do jokes but it is usually stupid. Well, what can you do much with it? Banning all the people who is immature? Just play on the private server or with your friends. What about tourneys with lots of people, just don't mind them. You can always report them or hoster will mute them.
meow
I don't think this thread has an intent to start a revolution, but rather to show trolls like we describe that they really aren't getting anywhere with what they're doing. Of course you just work around it. I just either don't talk or let my style speak for itself.
guys im not just talking about toribash its everywhere... and sireal sure some people are like that i never said it was perfect but it was better then it is now. I just hate how where ever you go now theres atleast 5 people trolling. And its just retarded
I see what you mean Yaksha. You can't really help it though, things change.

My guess, it must be the pollution levels in the air.
xD
Originally Posted by Yaksha View Post
guys im not just talking about toribash its everywhere... and sireal sure some people are like that i never said it was perfect but it was better then it is now. I just hate how where ever you go now theres atleast 5 people trolling. And its just retarded

Welcome to the internet
One last thing to add. Trolling does end in people who do it for a "living".
When they actually reach the age where they have a responsibility in life, they usually drop the act. Usually.