Toribash
Original Post
mostly impossible to tell, since the ranked system is flawed..
i just looked the global ranks, rank 3 is brown belt and rank 5 is yellow belt.
so rankings doesnt matter, is farmable..
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
there is a ladder. http://forum.toribash.com/tori_ranking.php
the ranking system is just elo based, which doesnt works in toribash cause its too luck based/can be farmed instead of pure skill. so yes it needs to be reworked.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Originally Posted by BlubKill View Post
there is a ladder. http://forum.toribash.com/tori_ranking.php
the ranking system is just elo based, which doesnt works in toribash cause its too luck based/can be farmed instead of pure skill. so yes it needs to be reworked.

The point is: your rank isnt just elo based. If you have a rank of like 5k and you play against a few guys that are rank 20k, you will just get 2 ranks lower per win.
So If you play 500 games and win all, your elo should be extremily high, but your rank is 19k.
So your elo is probably the best of all players but your rank is crap. You MUST play against a good player with a good rank to get a good rank.
Originally Posted by Zockinator View Post
The point is: your rank isnt just elo based. If you have a rank of like 5k and you play against a few guys that are rank 20k, you will just get 2 ranks lower per win.
So If you play 500 games and win all, your elo should be extremily high, but your rank is 19k.
So your elo is probably the best of all players but your rank is crap. You MUST play against a good player with a good rank to get a good rank.

I think rank is elo based, but it doesn't take effect right on moment's notice. However, in longer time rnak would adjust to elo and I tihnk they're very much elo based (sorry, if I'm wrong).

Btw "jade76540 1607.5" I think it's a bug or something, because oter people in raking have very high 1700+ elo and have been sorted by elo. This is a total misfit, I think.

Speaking of elo, it's totally not just 2-spots-per game.

For example I played really bad and lazy yesterday and lost my rank from 3k to 18k (and I did it in under 100 games, I think)
Originally Posted by JSnuffMARS View Post
For example I played really bad and lazy yesterday and lost my rank from 3k to 18k (and I did it in under 100 games, I think)

That happened because you played against some players you lost your rank against. If there are no other players that could take your rank, for example when you are just losing against players with ranks that are better than 1k, then you will just lose 2 ranks every match, doesnt matter how high your elo is.
Well you could go from 1660 to 1640 elo and have the same rank. But as soon as you finish a match against an opponent with higher elo, he will "steal" your rank, unless his is already better.