Toribash
Original Post
Dev contact info? I am creating a similar game
I've been working on a 3d fighter since 2003. I don't wanna post a link on my very first post. I'm looking for contact information for the devs of this game: Maybe they want to hire or befriend me. We can help each other's game out.

For a while, I tried to get people to crowd source moves, but I had no way to balance the moves. My moves do not use physics, but rather it uses stock damage. So my crowd source idea was a fail as anyone could say,"This really fast jab deals 1,000,000 damage"

Still I have similar things in my game as my fighter collision detect can hit on the different body parts. If you strike the head or torso or pelvis you deal extra damage. I think Toribash is much more sophisticated in theory to use physics. It makes me think if I should even wire my game based on physics. It'd be good if Kinect2 came out and actually let you fight.

I wrote my networking code in a very sly way. It only updates things nearby as often as they could come in range and be hit by them. I did the math, it would support 1500 players in the same zone as long as each player had 640k upload bandwith. So maybe the devs would be interested in learning how I did this.

My next steps are going to be to make the other 9 fighters in the game. Then I will write menu system, and ladder system. The game I have is functional now, you can fight player vs player up to 10 at once. I think Toribash is more advanced than what I have, and while I could make my game like Toribash if I wanted, I'm gonna stick with the route I started with. Just try and get me in touch with the devs, my email is James_Sager5(a.T.symbol)yahoo.com
You can sometimes catch Hampa (game creator) here or here. Also if you wanted to send him a message you can click Here, or you could just wait for them to contact you .
[03:39] <idabosswiz> can't you just set up a pass for ddos?
So,this differs from any other 3D fighter in what way?What is a good idea is letting players create their own moves,but having the damage a move can cause is limited.Let's say you have one punch,one kick.You can assign 2 damage to the kick and 4 damage power for the punch or vice versa,just a simplified example for you.
Wow really nice idea GJ. It would be fun to have a fight with 10 players. I would like to be a beta tester, i really want to help. Pls finish it ASAP.
10v10 Would just bring a LOT of problems to the game.

"Multiple Toribash players. (such as 2v2. It will come when the majority of players have computers able to handle it.)"

Anyways, the game uses ODE physics engine which doesn't support some of the implementation you have described. (Or atleast I think it doesn't)

But I don't mean to be a debby downer... I'm sure if you really were interested, hampa would listen to some of your ideas and if they were reasonable maybe even implement them.
you wount achive nothing without hard work, remember that!

User infracted: Useless (but motivational!) post.
Last edited by hanz0; Mar 15, 2012 at 06:12 AM.
I made a new thread detailing what I meant. I thought Toribash was real time instead of turn based. Maybe that is an idea for a game: Real time Toribash, you make the moves in an editor before the game and save them for your fighter. Then you play the game in real time like Tekken? Has this been talked about?

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...52#post5286052