Toribash
Original Post
Ap classes yes or no?
I'm currently a freshman in high school so here's the deal,

So, my uncle lets people into med school, teaches med school and is a doctor. He says that Ap classes may actually hurt my gpa, but I know that they actually raise your gpa. However he knows more about this then I do, and I really respect his opinion. I have had straight a's all my life, without studying well (which I plan to start doing if I take an Ap class). Many people are telling me that I should take Ap courses, and others, not just my Uncle say I shouldn't. I'm new to this so I decided to post here, because I some members of this community are in college and are very smart. Also I do believe I am ready for an Ap class I just want to get the most out of my classes so I can have a good gpa.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
AP classes can raise your gpa, but you could have a system overload. It depends on the person. Maybe your uncle was talking figuratively.

You should do whatever you feel capable of.
Last edited by Link; Jan 30, 2015 at 12:42 AM.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
They should raise your GPA as long as you do well in them.
If you feel confident that you can handle them, go for it
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
If you got straigh A's your whole life, taking advanced courses shouldn't be a problem and you should still finish pretty high above the average.

That being said, I think you may not have the knowledge on "how to efficiently study" because you've never actually studied a lot. This may end up getting you crushed by those who have studied hard their whole life and hence won't have that much adaptation to do.

Talking from experience here, I had friends who got straighy As in highschool without much effort while I mostly got As and Bs studying like crazy. After highschool, the tables turned and they didn't adapt well to the necessity of studying everyday for multiple hours while I had already been doing that my whole life. They started gettings Cs and Bs while I became the straight A guy.

I still suggest you take them and simply keep in mind that you will have to give it your all AND make a very good study schedule. Don't worry, if you put in the effort you'll be fine.
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!