Toribash
Original Post
Yeah, yeah another computer building thread
Hello guys, this sunday I can get a new computer, if I want it:

Specs are:
  • Porcessor: AMD Athlon II X4 640 Quad-Core Processor (3.0Ghz)
  • GPU: AMD Radeon HD6670 DirectX 11 graphics.
  • RAM: 4GB
  • HDD: 1,5TB
All with computer case, keyboard, and mouse.
For 770$
Is it worth it?

Would it run the newer/newest games like far cry 2(not that new but still needs a beast comp),COD Black ops, maybe the upcoming crysis2 game at max graphics with at least 30,or preferably 50-60 fps?
oh and toribash with ray tracing ofc?

Is it good for video editing, and stuff?And able to record ^those games with a nice fps?

Personally,the most thing I worry about, is the gpu, I havent found any information online about it yet, do u guys know something about it?

Thats all, thanks.
Last edited by GamerDaPro; Feb 1, 2011 at 08:17 PM.
0x6869706F7469626F72
how much is it going to cost? it would be able to play those games you specified but if you can you should opt for a better gpu, the cpu will be fine.
You don't say?
ahh, wanted to write it, but somehow I forgot, it will cost 770$

What do u mean under "be able to play"? I dont want them at low graphics. or even medium.
Last edited by GamerDaPro; Feb 1, 2011 at 08:19 PM.
0x6869706F7469626F72
Don't buy anything ATI if you want to game. And if you do, either smash it with a hammer or sell it. The quad core will be outdated in about 3-4 years, if not even 2, the way games progress.
4 giga ram is ok, unless it's DDR3 in which case it's great.

Overall, the PC is good for gaming. It may be able to run Crysis 2 with top quality, but you never know how high the specs will be for it. At the least it will run with medium quality.

But is it worth 770 bucks? I wouldn't say so.

If I were you I would find a better deal, which is buy the parts you want and ask somebody to mount them if you don't know how to.
Thank you very much, Ill think about it. Anyways I'd bet you are a geforce fan.

okay, we dont know the req. for crysis2, but will it run crysis(1) on high, or preferrably extra high?
or even gta4?
0x6869706F7469626F72
My pleasure man.

Crysis 1 is a bit old so yeah, it will run it high with 60 fps at least

Gta 4 I think so, but I don't know if it will go for 60 fps, probably yes.

Yeah. I've had ATI and Gforce vid cards and Gforce tops ATI by far as far as games are concerned. I have no clue why people would choose ATI over Nvidia.
Originally Posted by devil1337 View Post
My pleasure man.

Yeah. I've had ATI and Gforce vid cards and Gforce tops ATI by far as far as games are concerned. I have no clue why people would choose ATI over Nvidia.

LOL Nvidia fanboy.

Also as far as I'm concerned, that card doesn't even exist. Maybe they were referring to a 5670?? Which is a lower end card, and won't be able to max out anything other than older games.
hi
Originally Posted by devil1337 View Post
My pleasure man.

Thanks for the help, idk why do I prefer ati, but somehow I do My old comp has an ati vid card, and it was fine for older games, however the intel processor stopped working

Originally Posted by Giantz View Post
LOL Nvidia fanboy.

Also as far as I'm concerned, that card doesn't even exist. Maybe they were referring to a 5670?? Which is a lower end card, and won't be able to max out anything other than older games.

Hmm, found something about it:

http://www.downloadatoz.com/driver/a...n-q1-2011.html
http://forums.amd.com/game/messagevi...hreadid=143215

so they say that it exist.

anyways I think Ill find another deal then, because I dont like that video card.

Thanks for the support guys.
0x6869706F7469626F72
Any graphics card that was considered mid-high range in the last 3 years will be able to run the games you mentioned. Crysis 2 will likely have lower (yes, lower) requirements than Crysis 1. Do not waste more money than you need to.

8gb of ram will be a wiser investment than the latest GPU 90% of the time (if not more).

Remember that more cores does not correlate to multiplying the clock speed (3.0 quad is not the same as a 12.0 single), and such there is only minor differences between a 3.0 and a 2.6. Apart from cost...

My suggestion; if you want a decent PC now that will remain powerful whilst easily being upgraded, take the 3.0 quad core, take 8gb of ram, and buy a slightly older card, like a 200 series nVidia or a 4000 series ATI (I'm not too well versed with ATI, but I think the 4000 series is the one I mean to say). Both should be able to run everything for a few years, and if you need to upgrade in 2 years time then you will be able to whilst staying under the cost of a high end card.

Don't get blown away in the hype.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Well, so u say an older card will be able to play anything, I see, I guess. Thanks for your help.

I heard that we can use pendrives as ram, are they slower, or something? if I buy 2 4gb pendrives, I have 8gb ram more.... is that fine?

Ill take a 3ghz quad cpu, then 8gb ram, and an older ati card like HD4870.
0x6869706F7469626F72