Toribash
Original Post
Why is Toribash so elitist?
When I used to play this game, back in the halcyon 2.00 days, this game was so kewl and awesome and rad and always had decent minded players and somewhat kewl Moderator people (sir, hampa, some other guys who were kewl.)

This was before you could buy yourself belts, before there was qi, and before there was the cool new graphics upgrade this game got, which seems kinda sell0out-ish. I really only play 4 the graphic, cuz they are kewl.

Not to mention the dope clans people wanted to be in (Torigod, bncy [not sure if they r still around, 2 many clans now.])

But lately, when I've come back from my hiatus of this game, I've come to find the community is just splintered, and very unfriendly to beginners. I mean there always was a learning curve to this game, but i look on the forums and stuff, and everybody is just like ("NOBODY CAN TEACH U HOW TO PLAY, U JUST PLAY KID LOL.") There's really no incentive to anything to this game, it's just pointless violence at this point.

I don't know if that is really all there is 2 this game, if that's all what this game wants to be. I thought after the graphics buff, this game would further evolve, but it looks like this game kinda devolved. Everything seems so cheap n pointless in this game. I mean, even the lobbies r pointless now because you can't get any random fun without getting booted out of a lobby cuz "CLAN ONLY NOOB LOL *boot*." I mean i made an alt 4 the lols, and the yellow belts get a katana mod, but once u level out, it's like lol nope, u can't have fun with katanas now.

AS I read all this out, it kinda just seems like a nostalgia old fart rant and i'm getting old or something SO I'll just leave it at that.

tl'dr - why isn't toribash kewl anymore, am I just too old and a nostalgia fart? w/e idc
You complain about no 'decent' minded people yet you're in big stank gamers one of the worst clans when it comes to being indecent.

Also you can have fun with Katanas, just make your own server and invite someone or tell someone to join, simple as that.

Just because toribash changed doesn't mean it's no longer cool, it's just no longer how you want it.
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
You complain about no 'decent' minded people yet you're in big stank gamers one of the worst clans when it comes to being indecent.

chill out, bro.

imo the community has always been shit.
See this is what I'm talking about, some random guy who is an 8th dan just being a prick out of nowhere. And it's like that for most of you high leveled no lifers. If you are going to be a dick, why don't you screw off, I didn't want to start a flame war right off the jump.

and you're in team girl scouts, please stop taking yourself so seriously.

And yes Solax, the good ol days was in the 2.50 to 3.00 range, people were a lot more civil than this cock sore above you.
Last edited by Ferafex; Feb 4, 2015 at 05:14 PM.
Originally Posted by Ferafex View Post

Not to mention the dope clans people wanted to be in (Torigod, bncy [not sure if they r still around, 2 many clans now.])

Clans come and go. That is normal. the "2 many clans" seems more like evolution, people not only sticking to 3 or 4 clans, but you seem to think the community is deevolving.

But lately, when I've come back from my hiatus of this game, I've come to find the community is just splintered, and very unfriendly to beginners. I mean there always was a learning curve to this game, but i look on the forums and stuff, and everybody is just like ("NOBODY CAN TEACH U HOW TO PLAY, U JUST PLAY KID LOL.") There's really no incentive to anything to this game, it's just pointless violence at this point.

Now this is coming straight out of your ass. Have you even looked in the Beginner Sanctuary?

I don't know if that is really all there is 2 this game, if that's all what this game wants to be. I thought after the graphics buff, this game would further evolve, but it looks like this game kinda devolved. Everything seems so cheap n pointless in this game. I mean, even the lobbies r pointless now because you can't get any random fun without getting booted out of a lobby cuz "CLAN ONLY NOOB LOL *boot*."

More clans=More groups= More people wanting to hang out with certain people. Don´t see how this is a problem.

I mean i made an alt 4 the lols, and the yellow belts get a katana mod, but once u level out, it's like lol nope, u can't have fun with katanas now.

You can always create your own lobbies. Also, the restriction which you describe with "lol nope" is quite helpful, newer players can have fun with newer players, while older players can have games with someone up the par.

AS I read all this out, it kinda just seems like a nostalgia old fart rant and i'm getting old or something SO I'll just leave it at that.

Everybody can get a nostalgia feeling, even anger. Can´t say that for me and toribash, as I am quite new, according to the standards.

tl'dr - why isn't toribash kewl anymore, am I just too old and a nostalgia fart? w/e idc

Really, if a lot of people enjoy this game, it is probably still "kewl", but I (hopefully) understand where you are coming from.

cookies
Umm, Ferafex ... I don't want to be rude or anything but it's a bit strange that you are ranting on the players and how they are being not decent minded towards you.
But when Redpanda tries to explain the some members of (Stank) might not be the most decent minded people, you call him a prick, a cock sore and put "Redpanda is a punk bitch" in your signature as is shown here.
Since the steam release, a lot of people joined of which some are a bit rude towards others, but you have that with most games.

i am a bird now - Lil B

Like I said, I just wanted to understand why you guys are all so cliquey, it's like a damn russian monarchy in here "ah screw the peasants, bah. how dare you insinuate such a thing, bah." i guess shouldn't take a game that sells out so blatantly seriously then huh.
there are lots of new people coming to toribash due to steam, so yes, it has branched out and got people of allsorts now, but, compared to alot of other communities, I must admit toribash isn't as bad as it can get.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
Originally Posted by Ferafex View Post
See this is what I'm talking about, some random guy who is an 8th dan just being a prick out of nowhere. And it's like that for most of you high leveled no lifers. If you are going to be a dick, why don't you screw off, I didn't want to start a flame war right off the jump.

and you're in team girl scouts, please stop taking yourself so seriously.

And yes Solax, the good ol days was in the 2.50 to 3.00 range, people were a lot more civil than this cock sore above you.

Chill out, bro.

I was stating my opinion, similar to what your thread is.

No need to be a cock sore xdd
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18