Toribash
Original Post
WRISTS...
A lot of oldschoolers or just pro people that I've met said that if you know how to use wrists, you have way more chances of winning.
I thought, "Hmm... Maybe those 'random' wrist dqs aren't so random..?"

So, what I'm asking is - how to use them 'correctly'? What are the techniques? Other useful info on them? Talk about the usage of wrists in ABD in particular, I'm not interested in other mods. Aikido would do. Just not the ones with high gravity, etc.

Is there a special thread that already exist that might be dedicated to that? Link if possible

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks :3
[Gangsters] RuBash
[TABD][Team Australia] RIP[Source]
º°À¾Ç Â࿸´°ÀË º°º¸µ ¾ ¸¿° ¾Ä°½° ´¾»¶½Ë ±ËÂÌ ½°¿¸Á°½Ë
° ÜÕÝï ÔÐÖÕ ÝÕ ÒßØáÐÛ, åãØáÐá~Tarlan
if u grabbed the enemys arm/leg with the hand. always contract it, because then youre able to move the enemys arm/leg. if u extend it you wont be able to it. (one thing i always use if the openers are grabbing each others hand.)
also you can easily extend then to bring him into a fast dq.
if youre going to the ground with one arm, contract wrist. and extend it when youre with the hand on the ground. that way u get some momentum to push the enemy a bit up and get you out of this position.

to say it, using wrist correctly can manipulate the enemy strong, thats why u have a higher chance of winning. i hope that answer is what u were searching for ;)
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Ehm, thanks for the response but not EXACTLY. I knew all that stuff.
What I need to know is how to, say, DM someone when you're grabbing onto their wrist, like shown in this pic below:

Just an example
[Gangsters] RuBash
that is kinda tricky and really hard to make, escpially in aikido mods. you´ll have to contract/extend your wrist a bit, also try to move the arm around. with some luck and a kinda bit of movement it will happen.
wrist and ankle are probably the hardest to brake/disember points on the tori.

its just kinda hard to do and not always possible. in some lucky moments youre may able to do it

Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
OK, I will put my question another way...
Is there a video or thread with a tutorial of wrist dms?

I know it's very hard to explain in words on this thread for one person, so maybe there's a public thread or video made by some good person lol
[Gangsters] RuBash
as far i know and google gives me there is no tutorial about wrist stuff. all i could find is a aikido help tutorial thing which is kinda outdated. http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=286409
but there is some stuff about wrists

contracted wrists has become the cool pro thing to do in aikido mods since it requires zero skill and lets you control your opponent with ease. it's also one of the reasons why bd aikido matches are boring as shit
QUACK
Originally Posted by siku View Post
contracted wrists has become the cool pro thing to do in aikido mods since it requires zero skill and lets you control your opponent with ease. it's also one of the reasons why bd aikido matches are boring as shit

This is something i really agree.

If you are able yo grab your enemy like that you have really huge advantage.

To smash your enemy on ground in some situations and you are able to DM opponents wrists.

I don't like this my self because whoever does that gets the advantage.
Myself i hate that and i won't use that.

fuck
Look, I don't care about how boring or not ABD fights are, etc.
I posted this thread to find HOW to dm opponent's wrists using your own ones.
[Gangsters] RuBash
After that frame, you extend the wrists and try to separate your opponents' wrists from the rest of their arms. It really depends on how much pressure you can get on the joints, but that's pretty much it.
NOODLE ARMS