Toribash
Original Post
Skate Mini Almost Review Thing
This game is pretty damn awesome. I rented it out the other day and i haven't been off it. The grinding is realistic and the flips into grinds are epic to watch a second time around using the replay function.

Pros:

The graphics and physics in this game are great! I love the realistic falling.

The large range of branded clothing and boards/trucks/wheels.

Flickit controls, which give a great sense of control over you flips and grinds.

Cons:

Some things i struggle with though, are that the flip tricks can be quite difficult to pull off. I'm a bit funny like that, i want to do a varial kicflip, but it turns into a laser flip, i'm just not satisfied. I want to do a varial kickflip not a laser flip. Does anybody know how to get around that? Because the flickit controls are similar to each other so you don't really know what's going to happen.

Another thing that would come in handy would be the ability to get off your board! It would be much easier to get into position for lines, and get to places. This is something Tony Hawk has over Skate.

HALFPIPES! Why can't i just go up a halfpipe and back down to gain speed? I got up and try ollie to get some air but instead some queer things happen. Is there a way to actually go up a halfpipe and back down like possible in a Tony Hawk game?

To make a near perfect skating game would be:

Flickit controls, as in Skate.
Dismount your board, like in Tony Hawk.
Grinds like Skate.
Tony Hawk halfpiping.

And obviously the graphics and physics of Skate.

Do any of you guys have solutions to the problems i face with this games, or do these things piss you off also?

Thanks for reading :]
If you want to prevent some of those cons or whatever, just buy skate 2.

You can get off your board ect.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
.::[Latin]::..-Ldr[GU]-[OLDA]-[PwN]-[TO]-[BISH]-[MG]-[WLT]

[Auction].::Full Demo Set::.
~TheElement Signature WingFlame
I've played Skate 2 and not 1. 2 is pretty much perfect when on your board, but the walking controls suck.
infamous
Skate 1 is too hard, you need to practise alot and try over and over again to just do simple moves, flips are pretty easy, but its frustrating to not be able to manual on something, or flip over a fence and stuff like that. Its realistic which is one thing that makes it fun, you can't just grind 500 meters in 200 mp/h like the tony hawk games you will actually loose speed when you are grinding, you will fall easily and break alot of bones and you will actually have to land on the grind not being sucked into the grind from 5 meters away by pressing the grind button. skate 1 is awesome, and skate 2 even better.