Toribash
Original Post
[VID]My first one

My first actual toribash edit
Please cnc

Arthur Moderated Message:
Please, include programs used.
Last edited by Arthur; May 20, 2014 at 05:07 PM.
Back on top
Pick a shader that fits the tori, transitions were weird, bruises and blood were on. Freecam was weird, and wasn't apparent in the video. Didn't like the song, and the ending was useless and sudden. No sync.
My Cnc:

1. Negative: A couple of the shaders you used, did not go with anything.
How to Improve: Try to pick a mood, or theme for the video.
Vintage- Brown/goldish filters, not too bright shaders.
Darkish/Calm- Dark Shaders, etc.

2. Positive: Camera work could improve a bit at some points. Always use free cam, by hitting the number 2 on your keyboard. It looked a bit like the circling default camera.
How to improve- Don't stop and go another direction a lot, don't keyframe too many times or it will be choppy.

3. Negative: There is little or no Sync, this is a harder song to sync to, but syncing hits and motions to the beats of music, keeps the video interesting, so try to work on picking a good song to sync to (trap, dubstep, rap) and syncing it. Nice song, but probably not good to use in this type of edit

4. Effects: Dont spam slow motion. The video was a bit slow. Speed up, and slow motion at critical, cool, awesome, hits/moves is a popular effect try it out, your transitions were pretty bad aswell, just fade into the next replay. (at at the end, fade out)

Tips:
Turns bruises off on everything in the video. (/opt bruise 0)
Only have blood on in a madman replay. In everything else (parkour, sparring, tricking) turn off (Madman = uke destroyed replay)

Over all 5.5/10, It wasn't that bad for a first edit, you're staring off well Keep practicing your editing, and camera work.
Last edited by matarika; May 17, 2014 at 10:07 PM.
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
what etoria said
i do think the transitions were a sony vegas glitch because I had those when I used to edit with it. try a shader that makes the tori standout
try actually syncing
Originally Posted by matarika View Post
My Cnc:

1. Negative: A couple of the shaders you used, did not go with anything.
How to Improve: Try to pick a mood, or theme for the video.
Vintage- Brown/goldish filters, not too bright shaders.
Darkish/Calm- Dark Shaders, etc.

2. Positive: Camera work could improve a bit at some points. Always use free cam, by hitting the number 2 on your keyboard. It looked a bit like the circling default camera.
How to improve- Don't stop and go another direction a lot, don't keyframe too many times or it will be choppy.

3. Negative: There is little or no Sync, this is a harder song to sync to, but syncing hits and motions to the beats of music, keeps the video interesting, so try to work on picking a good song to sync to (trap, dubstep, rap) and syncing it. Nice song, but probably not good to use in this type of edit

4. Effects: Dont spam slow motion. The video was a bit slow. Speed up, and slow motion at critical, cool, awesome, hits/moves is a popular effect try it out, your transitions were pretty bad aswell, just fade into the next replay. (at at the end, fade out)

Tips:
Turns bruises off on everything in the video. (/opt bruise 0)
Only have blood on in a madman replay. In everything else (parkour, sparring, tricking) turn off (Madman = uke destroyed replay)

Over all 5.5/10, It wasn't that bad for a first edit, you're staring off well Keep practicing your editing, and camera work.

Thank you for the cnc
I will work a lot on the editing and syncing. I hope my next video will be much better
-----

I'm making a new video i just want to know would this be better?
I tried to sync the beats with wobbly effect
ps. that replay is one i just in the first video so don't get mad about shaders and shit :3
Last edited by NinoRossii; May 18, 2014 at 02:00 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Back on top
Cc and shaders aside:

Screen pumps are a good idea only if you know how to use them. Otherwise don't, it makes the thing look bad. Also your pumps zoom out a little too much at times and that causes the black borders

If you have problems with the transitions in Sony Vegas try saving, closing and opening the thing, it usually fixes most problems

Sync the beat with the hits. Do it. You can't just place a recorded thing there and expect it to sync, you have to speed up/slow down sections of the replay to make it fit.

Also you might want to get some better motion blur, the default one actually makes things look worse imo and can be disabled through right click > Switches > Disable resampling
I do some videos
Feel free to PM me for any video-related questions
Originally Posted by DatSkip View Post
Cc and shaders aside:

Screen pumps are a good idea only if you know how to use them. Otherwise don't, it makes the thing look bad. Also your pumps zoom out a little too much at times and that causes the black borders

If you have problems with the transitions in Sony Vegas try saving, closing and opening the thing, it usually fixes most problems

Sync the beat with the hits. Do it. You can't just place a recorded thing there and expect it to sync, you have to speed up/slow down sections of the replay to make it fit.

Also you might want to get some better motion blur, the default one actually makes things look worse imo and can be disabled through right click > Switches > Disable resampling

Thank you this is the feedback i want I'm going to do as you say and try it out mind if i pm you later with my progress?
Back on top
That's fine, though you can just post in this thread. I'm lurking around here sometimes
I do some videos
Feel free to PM me for any video-related questions