Ranking
Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts

Maybe this will give you sort of clue? I don't think the report function is really supposed to be used for useless posts, but it all depends.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
If it's on your own thread, then I think it's fine, and if anyone were to report them, it
should be you.
But useless posts do sometimes fall under the categories that -Link posted
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Let me put this in my perspective:

The report button is a PM sent to the moderator/s; Smods and local mods. As long as you don't spam the report button and use common sense, then you'll be fine for the most part.
Last edited by Link; Feb 12, 2015 at 11:19 PM.
Just to clear some things up, I don't receive any pm's when you use the report button (me being a local mod). Only smod's and higher ups receive reports, I'm not familiar with the report system, but I'm pretty sure smod's don't receive pm's when you report something. If you want to know more about this you will have to wait for somebody who knows more about this to answer you.

About the reporting the useless posts question, of course you can report useless posts. Reporting any kind of rule breaking can only help moderators to moderate the forums more easily. Don't get intimidated by the description of the report button, I do my own share of reporting useless posts in other boards, but you have to be aware there's a line between reporting useless posts and spamming the report option with the post you personally dislike or disagree with.
Reporting posts that don't break the rules can result in infractions.

I hope this clear things up.
If you have any other questions, ask away
R.I.P. [Sigma] and (team waifu)
I know it's not a PM, it's a notification, probably through a modcp or something. Talking to the moderators. I also know local mods probably don't really have a real modcp. (Or you do, but this is not the point) I should have put more effort in the post regardless.

I was trying to help him know how I feel when I make a report so he could have a grip feeling. it wasn't blatent facts. Sorry I confused anybody. I hope you can understand me better. @LucidSpore
Last edited by Link; Feb 13, 2015 at 01:45 AM.
let me just make this a little easier for people,

if you see a post that you think breaks a rule and/or needs to be deleted then report it with the reason "breaks x rule" and someone will get to it. this includes any global rule and board specific rule which can be found stickied in their respective board. if we disagree with your report, it will be ignored or in extreme circumstances someone will pm you about it but this very rarely happens

all smods, clan mods and market squad members can see reported posts and will deal with them mostly based on if the report falls in their jurisdiction (msquads will only handle reports in the market, clan mods will only handle reports in the clan section etc)
Ahhh, I see!
Thanks a ton, Mathias, and Rai, for taking the time to write all that out and clear things up for me.
I really appreciate it.
You can close this <3