Toribash
Original Post
Animated avatar size
-sir, in the profile customization thread, says:

Animated avatar (no more than 500 KB)

Could you give me an idea of how much is 500 KB? What does influence this size?
An animated avatar should be 150 by 150 pixels or 100 KB (at least for VIP).

If you want to resize a gif check this. It's pretty easy to use, and quick as well.
Modo Bestia
I will probably use the 150x200 one, animated. Actually i don't have any gif to try, what does it change if i lower the size with this site? I'm talking about the quality of the gif.
Not much. In cases with me, it won't resize animated gifs and would give me an error, but as you can see there is minor black spots around my Link.

If that's what you mean
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
My sonic gif has some small black spots in some parts of the image.
The quality doesn't really lower that much to give you a problem of it.
Modo Bestia
Not a big problem than, the image will have a lot of black so i won't see the difference so much.

Do you know something about how many frames should the gif contain (for a 150x200 image)? Yours dont have many frames, but i saw very long animated avatars. For example an old Rai's avatar showed a piece of a wrestling match.
If you're going to optimize a gif it's best to just ask someone who knows what they are doing to do it for you.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
I wouldn't worry about an optimize unless it's really needed, but could you link the gif so we could see it? Then we could help a bit more on how it would actually look in an avy. :| some images suck even with minor black spots and some are gorgeous.

Also, sorry Gorman, not trying to contradict you or anything. :<
Last edited by Link; Feb 9, 2015 at 11:12 PM.
Originally Posted by -Link View Post
I wouldn't worry about an optimize, but could you link the gif so we could see it? Then we could help a bit more on how it would actually look in an avy. :| some images suck even with minor black spots and some are gorgeous.

Could be a problem since i still have to do it. I made this thread because i'm thinking how to do it, how long, etc... I know nothing about gifs.

Just to give you an idea:

this is what i would like to animate. In the black hole that spreads throught the image i want to put two eyes that look around (1 animation), the two gears on the back will rotate (other 2 animations), and the black "bird" flies until he exits from right and enters inside the image from left (1 long animation).

Is something like this possible in a big avatar?
In a big avatar, probably,
but it's not very easy to tell before the animation. <<<Ish
Last edited by Link; Feb 9, 2015 at 11:30 PM.