Toribash
Original Post
videocard
i know this is unrelated to toribash but i need this question to be answered, i have no other forum to contact to, can i upgrade my ram and get a new video card on Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4Cpu 3.00 ghz 3.01 1.00gb 03y and if i can upgrade, will nvidia geforce gts 430 be a good videocard, i mean for battlefield 3 global offensive and mw3 or black ops? please i need this sorted
first of all I'd upgrade the CPU, then I'd buy 2-4gigs of ram, then comes the video card.

With a P4 CPU and gts430, you ain't getting anywhere to be honest.
0x6869706F7469626F72
Originally Posted by GamerDaPro View Post
first of all I'd upgrade the CPU, then I'd buy 2-4gigs of ram, then comes the video card.

With a P4 CPU and gts430, you ain't getting anywhere to be honest.

when i upgrade the cpu will i be able to get somewhere with gts430 or gts450?
what power supply do you have?
chances are it wont be enough to go for a 430/450, old pc parts arent known for being economical, and power supplies are usually the first bits in a pc to die.
and if you're considering a 450, might as well go for a 460
with the specs/age of your pc, its pretty much advised to replace, well... everything, your pc as it is, wont be able to handle bf3 too well, even if you do get a graphics card
Last edited by BenDover; Aug 17, 2012 at 02:34 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
what power supply do you have?
chances are it wont be enough to go for a 430/450, old pc parts arent known for being economical, and power supplies are usually the first bits in a pc to die.
and if you're considering a 450, might as well go for a 460
with the specs/age of your pc, its pretty much advised to replace, well... everything, your pc as it is, wont be able to handle bf3 too well, even if you do get a graphics card

how do i check my power supplies and stuff
Yeah, pretty much what BenDover said.

Originally Posted by LGOX View Post

The PSU (power supply unit) is the small box with the big fan(lol), in usually at the back of your pc, things such as max supported wattage, Current, and supported Voltages should be indicated on it.

For a medium-end pc, I'd recommend a 300W one, and on a medium-higher end pc I'd suggest a 500-600W psu, anything higher is not nesseccary as long as you don't put multiple video cards, water pumps, and such in your pc.
0x6869706F7469626F72
430 and 450 are too out of date to be really considered gaming cards. The 460 may be just as old but at least it was designed as a high performance card in the first place. 560 might be a better bet, but it's almost double the price of a 460.

However, in any situation you're not going to have any fun on a Pentium line CPU. Ever. i3 or i5 is probably the most recommendable for gaming, but they have a bit of an attached price tag. Not as bad as the i7s though.

And you will need more RAM to play any top of the line video game, as has already been mentioned.

500 to 600 watts is a reasonable suggestion for a 460 or 560 with a fairly standard CPU as a power supply.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Originally Posted by suomynona View Post
i3 or i5 is probably the most recommendable for gaming, but they have a bit of an attached price tag.

i3 rigs go for dirt cheap now, especially compared to the prices of entry level pcs a few years ago

Originally Posted by LGOX View Post

power supply details should be written on the side of it
specs of the rest of your pc can be found if you right click on my computer and select properties, or if you type in dxdiag in the run command thingy
Last edited by BenDover; Aug 20, 2012 at 12:13 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-