Toribash
Original Post
Brink
Brink is an upcoming first-person shooter video game developed by Splash Damage and inspired by the Seasteading movement, scheduled for release May 17, 2011 in the US and May 20 in Europe. It offers team-based multiplayer missions with authored narratives, persistent player characters and an approachable nature.[1] It is also developer Splash Damage's first original title, as past titles were part of franchises.
In Brink, two sides, "Resistance" and "Security", fight in the previously utopian city known as The Ark, a floating city surrounded by the waters of a flooded Earth.[1] The Ark was designed as a prototype of a perfect city, with renewable resources and no pollution, large enough to support 5,000 residents. However, due to many refugees entering the city from other parts of the world, its population has grown to 50,000, meaning there are not enough resources to go around - resulting in the city being on the brink (hence the name of the game) of a civil war.[5]
Brink will feature Steamworks integration, including Valve Anti-Cheat.[6] Its technology is id Tech 4 with a new rendering framework and improved support for multiple CPU cores.
Brink is a first-person shooter with a focus on fluid, parkour style movement similar to that seen in games such as Assassin's Creed and Mirror's Edge and co-operative play. Online play is also a main focus of the game, allowing up to eight players to play online. The game features both cooperative and team-based competitive options as well as the ability to play against Computer game bot.
For this movement Splash Damage have developed the SMART (Smooth Movement Across Random Terrain) System.[7] It allows players to manoeuvre around complex environments without equally complex input by analysing their position and judging what they are trying to do.
Players can customise characters which are based on several and additional items can be bought with experience points earned by completing objectives.[1] Unlike some similar games (the Call of Duty series for example) the same experience points can be earned in both single player and multi-player.
The player can choose to play one of four character classes, the soldier, the medic, the engineer and the operative. The Soldier class can resupply teammates and use high explosives to destroy key targets. The Engineer class enhances their teammates' weapons and can place stationary turrets. The Medic class is able to heal downed teammates and increase their teammates' health. The Operative class can perform acts of sabotage, interrogate downed opponents to provide intel on enemy locations and disguise themselves and operate as one of the enemy.
While in gameplay, both multiplayer and campaign, the player can bring up a "wheel" of sorts providing various objectives to fulfil. Each of these objectives give a specific amount of experience.
The Squad Commander system provides players with context-sensitive missions. The player's specific position on the map, his relative skill, current progress in the overall mission, and a wide variety of factors influence the available missions
this game do doubt is gonna be a good game
I've been playing parkour games latley there's a new one coming out called "Brink" another good parkour game is mirrors edge if you want to see how or what parkour is heres the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mzm6bj2j7Y&feature=fvsr
it really cool i think parkour should become more famous and well if you want good parkour mods here ya go " Pig_Extreme_Run , Pig_Spar " One revoulutionary parkour game is mirrors edge you should really check it out if you've never seen it PM me For Any Qiustions Ok o Just Ask
Last edited by magisbomb; Mar 2, 2011 at 05:07 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Been following it closely, can't wait.
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
and pictures, and a video, the list goes on
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
Sure looks amazing. I don't see as much movement in the ingame as I did in the trailer though...

I will certainly buy it soon.