Toribash
Original Post
[REL] SwordShieldButt - Sword fighting done somewhat right maybe
There was a time a while back when there were regular Toribash sessions organized on 4chan's /v/ board.
During that time I was making mods about hitting each other with weapons and stuff. This is a refinement of those mods.

The gameplay
So how this works is that because 4chan isn't known for its hyper-competent community with a long attention span, it was made to be a rather simple to grasp mod with fairly short and bloody rounds. The players start just out of reach with a good deal of forward momentum to send them lunging at each other.
The mod uses DQ so in order to win you have to cut off some part of your enemy and hope it hits the ground, or if all else fails you can try to knock them over somehow. The fences are there to help you propel yourself back into the fight if you get pushed backwards somehow.

The weapons
The swords are short and fat because I noticed that thin objects can often clip through one another when going at speed, and the longer a sword the faster the tip moves. So basically, when I tried long thin swords they were pretty clip-tastic.
Whatever. This just means that they're essentially some sort of gladius-like thing.
To actually cut up your opponent, you need to hit them either with lots of force or with proper edge alignment. Just ineffectually touching your enemy just won't cut it. The actual edges are embedded within the fat blade to ensure this.

The shield is almost more of a buckler. It's lightweight to minimize the chances of some idiot accidentally hurting himself with it and is also rather chubby to ensure proper collision detection. While it does appear small the size is more than adequate to protect you. Using your wrist you can choose to hold it either parallel or perpendicular to your forearm.

also pics

uh

Hope you enjoy.
Attached Files
swordshieldbutt.tbm (10.9 KB, 78 views)
Last edited by ButtMad420; Aug 11, 2015 at 07:37 PM.
Great mod man! No idea why everyone has overlooked this one.
The sword works really nice, and is not total overkill like other sword mods.
Shield is a nice size and makes a nice boxing glove too :P.
9/10
Would give 10/10 for a version without the forward momentum.
I would love to see this mod in the fightpit that I made for Concon .
we can make that happen if you would like?.
Attached Files
blu_sheildsword.rpl (51.0 KB, 16 views)
Last edited by blun7y; Sep 10, 2015 at 11:12 AM.
- Blu -
I did kinda expect a man with a sword up his ass, but this is great too!
|Opener by Xioi|#KillTheScootCork|
|Replays|
"Cool delfin med solglajjor" -Larfen