Ranking
Original Post
[3D] RussD3x's 3D Modelling
Hey there guys.
I am currently in the process of learning to create 3D models for this game
as of yet I have got the skills of Meshdesign and re-formatting the mesh in Blender.
I've been practicing for a while and I have finally got an object into toribash!!!!
Well not top be used in toribash but i got it loaded.
(If anyone knows how to make it so it can be coloured within the game it'd be of great help)

Stetson

Witches Hat

Always accepting C&C
Last edited by RussD3x; Jul 27, 2015 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Updated pics
You need to make a texture connected to it, save the hat as "head.obj" and save the texture as "head_obj.tga"

Also I don't know if you understand the concept of uv-mapping your object, but you need to uv unwrap your object in order to be able to apply texture properly.
The blender material won't be included in your .obj file, since the material information is stored in a separate file called .mtl which can't be imported in to toribash.

As for the hat I really like it and I'm happy to see more 3d artists in here.
Originally Posted by Ezeth View Post
You need to make a texture connected to it, save the hat as "head.obj" and save the texture as "head_obj.tga"

Also I don't know if you understand the concept of uv-mapping your object, but you need to uv unwrap your object in order to be able to apply texture properly.

The blender material won't be included in your .obj file, since the material information is stored in a separate file called .mtl which can't be imported in to toribash.

You are a legend for helping me out, as soon as I've finished it I will update with new pics.
-----
Originally Posted by Ezeth;
As for the hat I really like it and I'm happy to see more 3d artists in here.

Yeah haha there's not many and thanks so much
Last edited by RussD3x; Jul 24, 2015 at 12:07 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by Gunkman04 View Post
looking great, although the poly count is above 1000. (try to keep it below 1000)

what do you mean by polycount (i've been using blender for 2 days)
the hat is nice.

im not very familiar with blender, but gunk is referring to the poly count.
poly count is the number of polygons that your obj is.
the higher the more laggy for toribash.
iirc.
ahhh right thNKA CIGARILLO. Glad to know that xD
-----
I've done the uv mapping but i cant understand it.. Any tips?
Last edited by RussD3x; Jul 24, 2015 at 08:56 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by RussD3x View Post
ahhh right thNKA CIGARILLO. Glad to know that xD
-----
I've done the uv mapping but i cant understand it.. Any tips?

I'm afraid UV mapping is a very finicky and difficult thing to get right. I still have issues with it sometimes! hopefully ezeth comes back and can give you some tips on it.

the poly count is the face count the number of faces on the model. Blender tells you in the upper right bar of the screen, your hat is a little over 1200 faces. It's best, for tb models, to keep them to 1000 faces and below, and this hat could certainly be made with less faces without ruining the quality.

That aside, it's a wonderful hat! The proportions and slightly sinister shape in the first picture make me think of a scarecrow, or freddy kreuger.

Originally Posted by Deridor View Post
I'm afraid UV mapping is a very finicky and difficult thing to get right. I still have issues with it sometimes! hopefully ezeth comes back and can give you some tips on it.

the poly count is the face count the number of faces on the model. Blender tells you in the upper right bar of the screen, your hat is a little over 1200 faces. It's best, for tb models, to keep them to 1000 faces and below, and this hat could certainly be made with less faces without ruining the quality.

That aside, it's a wonderful hat! The proportions and slightly sinister shape in the first picture make me think of a scarecrow, or freddy kreuger.

Ah thank you so much. I am about to update some of the more models. Still cannot locate the polycount myself. but everytime I load the object into toribash it still comes out void. It's starting ton aggravate me even after i've stitched the object, marked the seams and added a .tga file for the texture based off of the seams. I'm extremely confused at this point. But all comes in time and practice... and patience also helps XD
-----
New Hat placed in the main topic. Witches hat Update!
-----
If a Forum Mod could change the title of this thread to:
[3D] RussD3x's 3D Modelling
It'd be great. Thanks
Added some ingame footage of the Witches Hat
Hoping someone can help me out with the problem of the UV-unwrapping and getting the textured hat in-game. I'm clueless now. I've tried everything I can physically think of.
Last edited by RussD3x; Jul 27, 2015 at 02:40 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump

Progress

Okay so I am making progress with textureing thanks to lblackeon and his help with UV unwrapping.
I am getting close to sorting it out just need to figure out whats actually wrong ;-;