Toribash
Original Post
toribash is dying (for real this time)
they stopped doing battlepass, the staffers have been taken over by complete randos, 8 clans applied for 2024 clan league which is also the last clan league for the forseeable future, and the servers are going down for 24 hours at a time

will the game survive another 5 months? is hampa broke? is sir finally abandoning the game?

im curious to know what u guys think of this final chapter of toribash
#1 tabby glazer
tonite is haloween >.<
the game can die as long as i can still play around with singleplayer/mods ill be straight
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
at what point would u consider a game dead tbh, theres games that avg 80k ppl and theyll say the game is dead/fell offthen u have games like tb where youll have 10-200 ppl and ppl will say the game is dead, we had an avg playerbase of like 500-700 ppl when i no lifed this game, people said the game was already dead back then too, i remember when i first started the game and there over 1k ppl on and the only way to play the game was to go priv or wait 2hours to get pubstomped by someone from 2008. lobbies were maxxxed out and ppl were saying the game was dead back then too!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
There's a difference for everyone who plays the game too, I for one was never a competitive player and strictly stick to parkouring and sparring

I have and will continue to do these things instead of engaging in ranked matches and general competitive mods with friends alike even if the game dropped its player base to a few individuals lol
Don't be afraid to pm me with any questions you may have.

Alternatively, you can dm me on discord username: Death29
If Toribash truly only has 5 months remaining I think it's time we start attempting to reverse engineer the multiplayer server software as well as scraping the forum to preserve history. Can somebody get on that please? I'm a bit busy.
correct me if im wrong but i think most staff nowadays have little to no game developing experience

sir probably has other things to do that are more worthy of his time and toribash on the backburner

"at what point do you consider a game dead"? well there hasn't been content updates (battlepass, new colors, new items besides commissioning one from an item forger, etc.) for the past couple of months

plus, servers going down for 24/48 hours sometimes and it NOT being from a ddos attack is kind of concerning

not to mention, most of the major events for this game are no longer happening (Toribash World Championship, Clan League, Player hosted tournaments)

even bet servers stopped

with all these things in mind, would you consider the game....alive? probably not
#1 tabby glazer
tonite is haloween >.<