Toribash
Original Post
[Everyone welcome] The community quirk thread
We can all agree that Toribash is an amazing game with endless possibilites. Despite that the community isn't exactly growing any longer. We've dug ourselves into a hole where anything that sticks out is considered ugly and even bad.
As it turns out this is harmful to the game itself and prevents Toribash from reaching its full potential and a wider audience.
So due to the current state of this sub-forum I have decided that it would be best for the community as a whole to have a place where we post cool but not necessarily good looking replays.
Good looking replays are of course welcome as long as they fall under the allowed criteria (see below)

RULES OF THE COMMUNITY QUIRK THREAD
1. ALL posts must have a replay that falls under the allowed criteria attached to it, this thread is purely for showing off what can be done within Toribash and not for posting CnC

2. Do not post here asking for help or opinions

3. Despite the less serious approach this thread is intended to have to replays this is NOT a sillythread. Shitposting will not be tolerated

4. What you post must be worth the time checking out

5. Always make sure it is clear what's interesting about your replay, either in the replay name or in the post

5. Everyone is welcome to post, no matter skill level and experience

EXAMPLES(!) OF WHAT'S ALLOWED

Unofficial records

Replays containing bugs and glitches

Interesting ghosting and game mechanics

Hacking of all kind (make sure it's actually interesting though, nobody wants to see your hacked booms)

Replays that may catch other peoples' interest and attention

Example replay, high one-legged jump in -30 and diffrent ways to transfer momentum through various states of the ankles

WHAT ISN'T ALLOWED

Stolen replays

Replays with the sole purpose of enhancing your own public image

Spamming

Minimal effort content

CnC and opinions

Please direct any suggestions and ideas you may have for this thread to me in a PM

*Edit*
Originally Posted by jisse View Post
Stickied, if anyone has a problem with that then feel free to send me a PM telling me why and I will reconsider. As for now I think it would be healthy for the community.

Attached Files
-30 5.39.rpl (340.2 KB, 86 views)
Last edited by jisse; Jun 21, 2015 at 02:46 PM.
This is a replay for showing how fast ur Tori can go by pushing off the ground with hands and feet. Luckily the skill level doesn't matter...
Attached Files
#NICK - Lemme try.rpl (113.4 KB, 61 views)
I guess this would be a good place to put my "freeplay" experiments.

I had the same kinda idea as you. The way I see it, there are two major categories of toribash replays: Ukebash and Realism. However, both of these are majorly limited in many ways. By having to dismember uke, your options as a replaymaker are severely reduced, as you can only use "efficient" means to make your hits, and these means are essentially fully explored. Realism is also limited because you have to look "realistic" which cuts off so much of what makes toribash unique.

So I made a few replays in classic gravity where my goal was nothing else besides moving in an interesting way. Obviously these are mostly rough replays and the "improvs" were made using no edits, but I think these replays could have some potential if I actually put time into making them great.
Attached Files
Class F - Freeplay Improv #1.rpl (216.0 KB, 49 views)
Class F - Freeplay Improv #2.rpl (227.1 KB, 31 views)
Class F - Freeplay Improv #3.rpl (205.3 KB, 27 views)
Class F - Freeplay Improv #4.rpl (258.2 KB, 28 views)
Class F - Get Up, Go To Bed.rpl (232.6 KB, 40 views)
Class F - The Module.rpl (168.2 KB, 36 views)
Last edited by Larfen; Jun 17, 2015 at 11:05 PM.
[12:00] <fudgiebalz> toribash SUCKS
Check my ~~~Dank Replays~~~
thats something i got while doing radmon stuff
Attached Files
idk.rpl (156.3 KB, 43 views)
Aadame:I'm very signaturable
It's just no one usues my shit .
Awesome! I always wanted to make a "book of unofficial records" thread.

Highest -30 grav jump = 5.53

Fun fact: Opening and the initial launch was done in MP
Attached Files
zzzjump3.rpl (197.4 KB, 55 views)
Parkour like you've never seen before:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=423045
So, I made these movements that nobody wouold accept to be in a replay. But in some way shows style and interest to the eye. or atleast I think.
Attached Files
i!i!.rpl (127.7 KB, 56 views)
|Opener by Xioi|#KillTheScootCork|
|Replays|
"Cool delfin med solglajjor" -Larfen
Oh yeah Tsuion, I've done something similar to that, except with 0 gravity because hacking is hard. Sick concept on that though

Also I just want to say pusga's replay blew my mind the first time I saw it

I attached my 0 grav replay that I think could be good if I were willing to take time with it, and also a silly walk I made a while ago. Of course its goofy looking but I think its actually a pretty decent replay. I remember the hardest part of making it was figuring out how to hit uke at the end of it while keeping the style of the walk intact
Last edited by Larfen; Jun 19, 2015 at 07:18 AM.
[12:00] <fudgiebalz> toribash SUCKS
Check my ~~~Dank Replays~~~
Was my first attempt at hacking, wasn't sure if it belongs in here or if its too boring, decided to upload it anyway.
Attached Files
Last edited by AssassinPro; Aug 22, 2015 at 01:55 AM. Reason: ÷
golf