Toribash
Original Post
Texture locking on joints
Have you ever had a really nice set or seen one ingame that you thought looked really cool until the tori wearing those textures started moving. Well that’s exactly what texture locking will aesthetically fix. Now instead of putting countless hours into mapping out the textures of certain joints like the pecs chest hips glutes or knees you can now lock the textures to their starting position on the tori. This prevents the textures from being rotated along with the joints so you can easily maintain the aesthetic of your set.

Although it’s just an aesthetic change I think a lot of players would really love to see this come to the actual game itself and we will see a lot of people start making sets again as it won’t be so mentally straining to think of how everything will move together without looking ugly.

Not only that but i think we should have the option to toggle what joints are texture locked and aren’t for maximum creativity.
This would really help the people of toribash great idea 10/10 sometimes I wake up and I wonder how great this idea would be and the whole world would sing a merry song everyone would get along.
That'll be a good change too, since you can now realistically tell how the skin will look like from toribash skin maker to ingame
https://imgur.com/pxYLoV4
Haku doesn't pay me enough pesos :(
This would be extremely useful! I quite hate how the extended pecs look if you have any sort of clothes/cleavage on your textures.
Honestly a very unique idea, the only con would be that sometimes maybe youd want to move the joint textures to give it a but more realism. So instead of just a lock, how about adding rotation limit also. SO you can adjust how far a texture would rotate, or maybe even decide which way it would rotate/
But none the less, an amazing idea that could bring out a lot more creative ideas
Fear is the embodiment of a weak soul. Let your heartbeat. Let your legs stumble. But never stay complacent. Take your steps.
Nice idea, but what about the limbs?

Connections highlighted in green are already locked.
Texture transitions in these areas don't change during rotation.

Connections highlighted in red are not locked.
But what to do now?
You can swap this order but it doesn't change anything.
And It's impossible to make everything stay in place at the same time.
These body parts must rotate.
And when they rotate, their alignment with each other changes.
The arrangement of textures therefore also changes.

I have another idea on how to solve this problem, but it would probably be difficult to implement in the game..
Stretching and shrinking of textures.
Let me visualize this.

top view of the elbow joint.
Red dots mark the connection points of the joint with bodyparts.
They also divide the texture into two halves.
When you bend Tori's elbow, the red half shrinks and the blue half stretches.
Last edited by Bison; 1 Week Ago at 01:49 PM.
hurh hurh hurh *chews grass*