Toribash
they were textures designed to show indents and details along those lines, but, a while ago they broke and don't have much purpose any more.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
A little while back the bumpmap textures got fixed, couple versions ago I think. It's not gotten much attention though, due to the slight effort in using them.

The use for a bumpmap texture is to affect the per-pixel lighting that a normal texture receives, which increases a texture's dimension a good bit by highlighting or shading different areas. If the art has smooth shading already this will have the best result.

How you get a bumpmap texture to work properly takes a little bit of doing. The original texture you have is not in the proper form for the computer to "see" the dimensions.
This is where a thing called 'normal mapping' comes in. You'll need to put your art through some software (there's all sorts of tools online) that will change it to a perceivable medium.

In the end you'll want to have a prismatic version of your image. ex: Tori head

Upload the modified texture alongside your original, and you should be set.
endless around, infinite within. you step.
ripples
Bump maps are erroneously named normal map, they can be generated by a variety of tools, rendered or made from scratch.

Here's a simple example.

The two figures on the left show a model without normal maps, you can see the surfaces look flat and without texture.
On the right the figure now has a normal map applied, and you can see the surface now has detail, you can see folds in the cloth for example. This does not modify the model itself, merely the appearance of the surface. The virtual geometry created by the normal map is naturally affected by lights, so there is shadows etc.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
I am quite intrigued about this, I've been wanting to do this for some time, but I can't afford a bumpmap texture so I can start testing. Is there some way I can view it in Toribash using the old( /lp 0 example )command with custom folders?
Thanks, and if you can't I'll just work for the tc.
--EDIT--
I figured it out,you save it as (head_bump.tga) and daaaaaaaaang this is awesome for heads :o
Last edited by Terosious; Feb 1, 2015 at 09:13 PM.
Please visit my Deviantart at: http://d19364.deviantart.com/ Thank you