Toribash
Original Post
Craziest theories and why?
Hey guys, was just thinking about this.
What's the craziest theory you've ever heard (conspiracy theory or otherwise) and why?

For example, I think one of the craziest theories around that is exceedingly popular is the "2012 the world is gonna asplode" theory. Based on the fact that an ancient Mayan calender system doesn't work past 21 December 2012.
The reason I think this is the worst/craziest theory around is because there are heaps of these type of things every year, except they don't get to be quite as popular.

It's an easy formula really:
1) Set a date somewhat far in the future people won't be able to disprove your theory immediately, but close enough to make people worry.
2) Find some ancient tome, scroll, painting etc. and make up some pseudo-factual evidence as to why the world ends at this date. The Bible is quite useful for this, as it contains many numbers for you to manipulate. (Not a stab at Christianity/Catholicism! Surely you've seen at least 1 "end of the world" theory based on manipulation of numbers in the Bible? These get stomped on by the higher-ups.)
3) Broadcast your theory to the world, using whatever means are at your disposal.
4) Cause worldwide panic/skepticism

So yeah, what do you guys think is the worst or craziest theory you've ever heard? And why?
A couple of people outside of Toribash have stated Holocaust Denial, Dinosaurs never existed, Chemtrails, and Timecube for example. All pretty crazy, all good examples.
Last edited by 4zb41; Jan 14, 2012 at 07:50 AM.
http://www.fixedearth.com/a_small_young_universe.htm
Aparently the earth doesn't move.
"God praise your soul. <3"
~ZeToxiiK
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~~[Pain] is inevitable, whether you choose to suffer or preserve sooner or later, [Pain] will find you.~~
Mucus is a living creature. Also postin' in the facts thread.
the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma
The Milky Way Galaxy is more massive than The Andromeda Galaxy but Andromeda is more larger.

Confusing isn't? Believe it or not its true.
Originally Posted by watersurf View Post
The Milky Way Galaxy is more massive than The Andromeda Galaxy but Andromeda is more larger.

Confusing isn't? Believe it or not its true.

So... the Milky Way contains more mass, but the Andromeda Galaxy is just larger?
I suppose that's easy enough to understand. For all I know, the Andromeda Galaxy could be made of mostly non-massive gas rather than massive solids.
Give up? The Milky Way contains more Dark Matter than Andromeda making it more Massive. Andromeda is just a little more bigger.
There was that one theory of the world ending in 2012 or something. Everyone went wild.
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? haven't got one.
OMG, would everyone stop saying that if you say it your jinxing all of us i wish everyone would just shut up about that.
2012, sounds like the hadron collider.

And here is a fun one, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave%E2...rticle_duality
[sigpic][/sigpic]
The depressing moment when you realize Satan and 'The Devil' are apt personal descriptions...