Toribash
Original Post
Gtx 570? A quick question abour my future rig
I was thinking to upgrade my PC to:

Intel i5 something
6GB of something RAM
750Wpsu
Msi something motherboard
eVga Gtx 570 (I'm not settled with this yet)

I will buy all of those for around Rp. 10.000.000,00 (around $1200 in us dollars) with a super cold PC casing plus an LED monitor.

Is there any better card out there than Gtx 570 with a cheaper buck? And what do you think about my future rig? Can I get a better one with a same price?

Thanks in advance.
- i5 is a good choice, but you could go for an i3 sandybridge :]
- 750W psu is pretty large...
- 570 is very powerful and you probably won't use it to it's full potential. Consider a 400 series instead.

Are you planning to OC? If so then you won't need too much cooling. Don't overthink that ^^
In my opinion the 6970 is the only other option besides the gtx 570, Its about the same price and about exactly as poweful as the 570, they both beat each other by a little bit in every different game, (I'm assuming your gaming?) Overall i think the 570 is slightly more powerful then the 6970 from what i've seen. But its pretty much even, and they're both about the same price. The ati is a higher wattage than the 570, doubt that will affect your choice, It's pretty much which company you trust/prefer, if you play games with physx, you should go with the nvidia since it can run it. There are other little things like that aswell, but overall either one is solid.

Also there is no way this will be a quick question, there will be tremendous amounts of epeen and fanboyizm being thrown around here.
Thedevill:im 20 years
Thedevill:i have better to do
What about gtx 480 and HD 5970, they seem a little more legit than 570. They any good?

Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
- i5 is a good choice, but you could go for an i3 sandybridge :]
- 750W psu is pretty large...
- 570 is very powerful and you probably won't use it to it's full potential. Consider a 400 series instead.

Are you planning to OC? If so then you won't need too much cooling. Don't overthink that ^^

-Is there a huge difference?
-So, I should get a 500W instead?I'm getting 750W just to be safe
-I choose 570 because I will use it for a long time, I mean loong time. I only upgrade per 5/6 years..

Also, I think I'm going to OC.
Last edited by Jonggi; Apr 2, 2011 at 07:08 AM.
Originally Posted by Jonggi View Post
What about gtx 480 and HD 5970, they seem a little more legit than 570. They any good?

Can't help you there sorry, I haven't owned or tested a gtx 480 before.
Thedevill:im 20 years
Thedevill:i have better to do

The 400 series is pretty good. The price has dropped considerably and most games don't need anything more (you can run Crysis on max settings with a 480 and get around 35 FPS). Definitely don't bother with the 5970. You'd be better off going Crossfire 6870 if you really want that kind of power. Personally I wouldn't bother with anything more than a single 6850 as you won't need anything more.

-Is there a huge difference?

Depends entirely on what you are going to be using it for. If you are just gaming then probably not.

-So, I should get a 500W instead?I'm getting 750W just to be safe

Unless you are running multiple video cards you will never need more than 500/550 depending on your processor (you'd only need 500).

-I choose 570 because I will use it for a long time, I mean loong time. I only upgrade per 5/6 years..

With the current rate of game development (i.e. it is slowing down hugely) even a mid range system will be more than fine for that long. Don't get suckered into getting more than you have to.

Also, I think I'm going to OC.

What case are you getting? Depending on how good it is, you might only a need a couple extra fans (note, price is not an indicator of quality).
Okay then, thanks for the info. In my country, the price range between most 500 and 400 series aren't that far. In fact, some 400 series are even more expensive.

I just lurked some hardware websites and found out that Gtx 560 Ti or Gtx 550 Ti costs 30% cheaper than gtx 570 with about the same bang. And I also have read about Gtx 460.

I am really confused :|
Go with a 550 then ^^
You won't need more for normal gaming.
The difference between a sandybridge i3 and an i5 is in favour of the i3 i think. You should check prices and stats yourself, it's all on wikipedia. You probably won't need more than 2ghz and probably not more than 2 cores. But if you want more you will see limited improvement in a few areas.

500 is enough ^^

Even 3 of the best graphics cards in SLI would not last 6 years, so don't sweat it, just buy what is good at the time for a cheap price and upgrade later.

Careful if you are going to OC, you can OC most things but ask around and see what is good for entry level.
if you want to get anything in the 400 or 500 series nvidia get either the gtx 460 1gb, gtx 470, gtx 560 1gb, or gtx 570.

personally it would be cheaper to get a 560 or a 460 and would probably be my choice. the 460 out performs the 550 btw

as far as the power supply goes everyone thinks they need a super powerful powersupply to power their videocards, in most cases a 500 to 550w works perfectly fine, however, if you do go with the gtx480 it is a power hungry beast that in which case you would probably need a 550 or 600w psu

but in the midrange or lower for gpu's (considering the 470 and 570 midrange) a 500 to 550w psu would work just fine. just as dalliance says
Last edited by Organ; Apr 6, 2011 at 11:25 AM.
You don't say?