Toribash
Original Post
Torchlight

Q: What is Torchlight?

A: Torchlight is an action role-playing-game for the PC made by the creators of Diablo, Fate, and the never-released Mythos among other games. Set in the mining town of Torchlight, players will adventure to uncover the mysteries of the Ember mines. It offers a fully featured character leveling system, randomized dungeons, hordes of monsters, and gobs of great loot.

Q: What is the world of Torchlight like?

A: Torchlight is a boomtown built on top of a rich deposit of a magical stone called Ember – the rare and valuable keystone of magic. Shortly after its discovery, all sorts of adventurers came to Torchlight to make their fortunes.

Unfortunately for the miners, they weren’t the first to discover this particular vein of Ember – the mines are in fact a layer cake of ruined civilizations, growing more ancient the deeper one descends. Before long, ancient horrors that were once locked safely away from the world boil out of the mines, terrorizing the populace.

Torchlight is made by Runic Games, which is basically the Diablo team from Blizzard North, plus some other guys. Thats right, Blizzard is making Diablo 3 with their WoW team, and the Diablo guys made Torchlight.

Here are some pics etc for you to check out.

They made the single player version now, and its only $20 digital download, so get it. There is an MMO version in the works, but that will take 1-2 years.

It's one of the prettiest games I've ever seen, should totally get it.

EDIT: Coolest thing ever, you have this pet, you can choose it to be a cat or a dog (ie, a lynx or a wolf). It can carry items for you, cast spells, and you can transform it into different animals by feeding it random fishes. But the best thing is that you can order it to run back to town and sell everything in its inventory.
So no need to every stop dungeoning, just send back your pet and within a minute he will be back and you will get some nice gold
Last edited by Gorman; Oct 30, 2009 at 04:57 AM.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
It is an really fun game I have to say. The loot is very well balanced and the visuals fits the game perfectly in my opinion.

The only thing I think it lack is any multiplayer support, at least could have given us the ability to play of the local network.

I really can't wait for the mmo- version of the game that will be released in about two years. Add some PvP and you'll have a great game.
-= Insanity is all around us =-
I agree with Solemn. Saw this post the moment it was posted but didn't buy the game until halloween. It was very nice scaring small children begging for candy and playing this very great game.

Always fun running around searching for loot and the atmosphere is awsome, like halloween. Great loot in form of sweet candy and one hell of an great atmosphere.

Yeah I just compared halloween with an game, call me nerd :<
Atmosphere is amazing I agree.

As for the multiplayer, yeah it should have had Diablo 2 style multiplayer, ie the direct connection at least :3
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Downloading. Looks epic win. Too bad you have to wait for them to enable online play.

EDIT: Playing it right now. It is the best game 3v3r. It's better than Diablo so far.
Last edited by WarVick; Nov 4, 2009 at 03:56 AM.
Mecha | TRG