Toribash
Original Post
IRC?
im confused about what IRC is, is that some sort of chatting program such as Xfire?
----
btw add me on xfire if you got it -> bountyhunter3600
blah
Yes, you can chat through IRC like you do with xfire.
IRC is much more complex though.
You need a client such as webchat, mIRC, chatzilla, icechat and so on to connect to an IRC network. I use mIRC, for example.
Toribash's IRC server is irc.toribash.com.

To connect to the server with webchat just click on help at the top of the forums.
You can connect to various channels such as #market, #support, #toribash, #outside and so on.

Many clans have their own channels too.
Just try it out.
How are you?
The # isn't necessary when joining an IRC chat, it's autocorrected by the client.
Also, you can join more than one room by using the /join command.
The # is in fact necessary. It's just sometimes autocorrected by the client. But please, for everyone's sanity, do it the right way. It'll also help to remind you that channels are not servers. Don't get that wrong (>:@). Good practice is always good practice, regardless of tools available to make bad practice work. You can, of course, make your own channels as well. Just don't try to advertise them in #support (the mods don't like that), or #toribash (the users don't like that).

Also, before asking questions like "how do I register a nick?", please, please, PLEASE type:
/msg nickserv help
/msg chanserv help

Those two are the important ones.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!