Toribash
Original Post
Quick question about using almost same texture on 2 sets.
Hi, i just finished a set i was working on, but i got lazy at the end and used the same hand textures as i used on other set i made, but recoloured them and made a tiny edit (Added a grungy look). Current owner of that set is Kitty, but as he is permanently banned, do i have to find a way to contact him to ask if i can use the same slightly edited hand textures, or can i just sell the new set with the same but slightly edited hand textures with a notification that almost same hands are used in another set?
It's All About Expansion
I don't care, Show me teh SET @___@.
Also yes I think you have the right to do anything since it's your own art in the first place, and nobody gives a crap about kitty. =D.
Art Shop! [TA]<3 [TGO]<3 [r]<3
It's not about giving shit about each other, but it's about the ownership of things.
It doesn't matter if it's mine originally in this case, if someone else would use the same hand textures i have made without my permission, then it would matter, but not really in this case since i have sold that set forward.
It's All About Expansion
Yeah but in this specific case it's your own set, ( not meaning any disrespect) I'm just trying to make a sense of things.
Art Shop! [TA]<3 [TGO]<3 [r]<3
No, you can't just edit the sets of people and resell them.

You are not allowed to edit the sets of people without explicit permission from the owner. And even then it's a bit of a grey area as to whether you can sell this slightly edited version of the set separately...
ImmortalCow is correct in this case.

Observe the market rule:
B) Do not sell variations of the same texture to multiple users in any circumstance, re-colors or minor edits do not constitute a new texture.

"Any circumstance" includes the case that the user was banned.
It also states that "re-colors or minor edits do not constitute a new texture"
So no, you can't resell other peoples textures.