Toribash
Original Post
Rep?
Can someone please explain the Rep system? If this is an old thread I'm sorry but I can't find the search bar. Where did that go btw?

Also, What is with the little green tag thing underneath everyones avatar?
Nusquam est verus. Panton est licitus - "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted" Epic Sig Pic
To encourage the recent forum-quality revolution, we have re-implemented the reputation system! previously removed, with this system you can rate posts. This is supposed to encourage good behaviour, be a good poster and accumulate as much rep points as possible! We might possibly re-implement the rep score-board again. (Removed at the moment because it puts strain on the already extremely busy toribash server)

Thanks, post a lot, make them good posts, and get rep! ;)

This^
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=188878
Last edited by Hagan; May 21, 2010 at 06:04 AM.
It's reputation, a old feature that was recently added again.

The more green bars you have the better your rep is, the more red bars you have the worse your rep. Grey is neutral.

To rep people up or down click the "Rep" button next to the report button and the online/offline button under your post count, and click I approve or I dissaprove, then type in your comment and press "Add to reputation".

Every time somebody approves you, you get points. And every time somebody dissaproves you, you lose points.

Each bar requires a 100 points, with the green bar being 1-100 points, the next 101-200, etc.
You can see how many points you currently have by clicking on your own rep button or by going to usercp and looking under your infractions

You can't rep anybody in Wibbles or the clan board.
ok thanks for that lol. so are there like rewards for getting lots of rep or what?
Nusquam est verus. Panton est licitus - "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted" Epic Sig Pic
I believe Rep should be Removed, because it's really useless!

That^
Reps are completelty useless and does nothing at all
rep you for the slightest thing, and not +rep you for anything, unless your a mod or admin like rai. I mean, seriously, i got -rep'd for sharing information, i even got -rep'd because ONE person of all the 200 hundered people that read my thread didnt care about what i was saying. I recomend a rep report button, where you can report a rep made to you for the following reasons and such. It just gets really annoying.

Last edited by Hagan; May 22, 2010 at 06:48 AM.
Originally Posted by hagan103 View Post
That^
Reps are completelty useless and does nothing at all

I beg to differ. It shows what kind of person you are. It's quite useful when clans are recruiting new people and such. If you're a very nice and helpful user you get positive reputation (+rep) and green bars. If you're a stupid retarded flamer or something, then you get negative reputation (-rep) which means you get red bars.

But, I agree with you at some parts, people shouldn't -rep you for the slightest thing.
★★★★★
[Sigma] [ORMO] [OLDA] [OSHI] [a]lly
Originally Posted by Tempo View Post
I beg to differ. It shows what kind of person you are. It's quite useful when clans are recruiting new people and such. If you're a very nice and helpful user you get positive reputation (+rep) and green bars. If you're a stupid retarded flamer or something, then you get negative reputation (-rep) which means you get red bars.

But, I agree with you at some parts, people shouldn't -rep you for the slightest thing.

Well said.

I believe that the rep system is useful in encouraging constructive, valid and meaningful posts. Here in the Support Board, for example, rep may be earned through helping others with problems they have. Rep should be used when somebody makes a post that is helpful to others. Rep can easily be abused to make somebody seem like a nice person but those who go out of their way to demean and put others down will always be known in the community as a bully regardless of their rep.

If you work hard to be a good member you will not only have a nice positive rep, but you will also gain friends and other privileges as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!
It doesn't show what kind of person you are, it's just bull. People mostly rep for just shits 'n giggles and there is proof for that. IMO, rep system is useless.
I'm back and stuff, it's probably temporary.
Originally Posted by tarektarek View Post
It doesn't show what kind of person you are, it's just bull. People mostly rep for just shits 'n giggles and there is proof for that. IMO, rep system is useless.

This is true when those who use it think like you do. If people believe in it's theoretical effects then those effects will take hold. You have already decided that it is a failure without having witnessed it for yourself. Those who have seen it before have far more perspective on the matter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!
Originally Posted by Murmayder View Post
This is true when those who use it think like you do. If people believe in it's theoretical effects then those effects will take hold. You have already decided that it is a failure without having witnessed it for yourself. Those who have seen it before have far more perspective on the matter.

I have experienced Rep before on another forum, I did not mind it there because the community was serious about it, they weren't just going from post to post Repping for "luls" as our community calls it.
I'm back and stuff, it's probably temporary.