Ranking
Original Post
Ascend: Hand of Kul

The time has come, and now your God needs a champion. Will you rise to the challenge?

Wage war for your God as a brutal Caos warrior on a unique journey to Ascension. Destroy the spawn of the Titan, Ascend Champions to invade other player’s games, and tip the balance in the Crusade between the three Gods. But the greatest rewards require the ultimate sacrifice—your character! Your Ascended Champions bestow abilities that shape your growing army into the ultimate Caos warriors.

Ultimate Prestige: Pledge your loyalty to one of the Three Gods – the chaotic Goddess of Darkness, the zealous God of Light, or the manipulative Lord of the Void – and pillage the land on their behalf. As you crush your enemies and spread your deity’s influence, other players will kneel before your rule.

Seamless Single and Multiplayer Gameplay: Play with AND against other gamers as you each journey through your own private yet parallel paths to Ascension.

Ascend: The largest rewards require the ultimate sacrifice – your character! But all is not lost, as each life dedicated to your god brings new abilities that help shape you into the ultimate Caos warrior.

Third-Person Action RPG: Behold the world as it changes dynamically beneath your feet, bowing to your growing power. As you discover the secret of defeating the Titans and secure your god’s dominion over the world, you’ll claim your place as a legend.

Ascend is a really fun dark souls/god of war type mmo where you control giants called Caos in an effort to kill the immortal titans. You can ascend your character to basically make them AI who fight against the enemy Caos, and pledge them to a god in exchange for a permanent buff. It's bretty gud.
I've played this game. I am stuck on the part where I have to defeat one of the ghostly beasts. I think I am against the 'brute'. He hardly takes damage and constantly casts those annoying goblin like creatures.

I have scarified my character twice. I have been a void twice now and a darkness once.
I just beat the brute's ass. It takes a while. You gotta run around, throw spells at him, and dodge his hammer swing and go in once he's still in the recovery animation. Also, when he throws a boulder, dash in and get a shot or 2 in.
Which spells do you have? I have the fire spells and the fireball is weak as fuck and my powerful spell involves me being right next to him! (It casts spikes from the ground).
The fireball and the spikes. The fireball chips his hp, it doesn't do a lot of damage but it has a low cooldown. As for the spikes, use it to interrupt his attack if you get caught offguard. It'll let you get 1/2 hits in and get out safely. You have to stay right out of the range of his swipes, and move in on him as soon as he stops to throw a boulder/smashes the ground with his hammer and gets momentarily stuck.

If you're down to ~800 hp or lower, try to terrain block him and wait to regen.
Last edited by EmoMexican; Aug 10, 2014 at 11:27 PM.
Damn people can be dicks sometimes. I was fighting 2 troll brutes at the same time, and some dick used like 8 curses on me. Made the fight like 10x longer than it should have been. Ascended for the 3rd time just now.
That curse is annoying! Happens to me too often and the worst part is there is no win out of doing the curse. You just ruin another players fun.
Well, you get a whole bunch of souls if you beat it.

I'm level 15 on my 3rd ascension now. Beat Darkum the Apex, he was pretty tough.

Forgot to mention, the douche who cursed me during the brute fight was in there, so I cursed him with 7x dark troll warriors, 2x hounds, and 3x dark witch doctors. Got revenge.
Last edited by EmoMexican; Aug 11, 2014 at 01:09 AM.