Ranking
Original Post
Maplestory
Maplestory is a 2D based game with basic classes like archers, Warriors & Mages & much more.
The game is a free game to play created by Nexon. Maplestory consist of Questing, PQ's(Party quests), Guild Quests & Most of all, leveling by grinding. Its your basic "additive grinding game."
Maplestory was first created in 2003 in KR
& then 2005 in NA.

For those of you who dont know the saying of the game, here is a few meanings.
Money = Mesos
Market = FM
Hene Hoe = Someone who sits in 1 place and does nothing.
Funded = Someone who is rich in-game and is over powered.
HS = Holy Symbol(gives more EXP while training)
TP = Twilight Perion
SDH = Second Drill Hall / just Drill Hall.
GMS = Global Maplestory.
EMS = Extalia Maplestory. (private server)

Heres a animated trailer & some recent in-game gameplay of the class "Zero"

If you think im an utter fgt for posting this thread and hate me for actually playing this. Please PM me a Donger.

Dont spam post. Thank you.
It's Fabulous
It's a dead game. Pointless thread. If anyone wants to sink ~$2000+ into a dead game so they can actually do any endgame content, feel free, but eh
Originally Posted by EmoMexican View Post
It's a dead game. Pointless thread. If anyone wants to sink ~$2000+ into a dead game so they can actually do any endgame content, feel free, but eh

Yea thats why i play on a private server so everything is free.

This game is dead but i just yolo'd it.
It's Fabulous
Funny, you say maplestory is dead, but it is very much alive still. I may not play anymore but when I pop in every now and then i realize the servers are full.
Played it when I was 14, 22 now.
Got to level 91, good times.
When private servers became a thing I started playing a little again on my own private server, but then the game was too childish to handle, just couldn't play it because it was so incredibly stupidly childish
Originally Posted by Toon View Post
Funny, you say maplestory is dead, but it is very much alive still. I may not play anymore but when I pop in every now and then i realize the servers are full.

The current active players are probably in the low thousands. It's very much a dying/dead game.
The problem with a grind game is that people inevitably realize that grinding is stupid. Literally, you don't have time for that shit. Getting to 30 in itself would require easily a week of hardcore grinding, 70 would take months depending on the class, and 120 would require a year of grinding for even the most dedicated of players.

Literally, killing the optimal mob for grinding at 30-40 would build less than 0.01% of the xp needed to level. It would take over 10,000 mobs killed for one goddamn level. Competing with other players grinding the exact same mob. With fractional xp share for dealing damage. Which you won't do if a higher level player is aoe spamming to farm a specific drop. Which they always were doing.

This game literally is the pinnacle example of a grind.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
The problem with a grind game is that people inevitably realize that grinding is stupid. Literally, you don't have time for that shit. Getting to 30 in itself would require easily a week of hardcore grinding, 70 would take months depending on the class, and 120 would require a year of grinding for even the most dedicated of players.

Literally, killing the optimal mob for grinding at 30-40 would build less than 0.01% of the xp needed to level. It would take over 10,000 mobs killed for one goddamn level. Competing with other players grinding the exact same mob. With fractional xp share for dealing damage. Which you won't do if a higher level player is aoe spamming to farm a specific drop. Which they always were doing.

This game literally is the pinnacle example of a grind.

Now you can get 1-250 in a day.