Toribash
Original Post
Buckethead.
Buckethead has to be one of my favorites.
The songs are really cool and mostly instrumental, just the way i like :>
Lots of songs, going from heavier rock to melodic calm songs.
Here are two examples on YT:

What about you? What's your opinion about Buckethead's music and, more generically, about instrumental rock?
Last edited by WolfBR; Sep 2, 2009 at 02:54 AM.
Oh man people shit-talking Buckethead.

I bet you think Les Claypool isn't anything special either.

If so, you'll HATE THIS BAND! Because it's Les Claypool, Buckethead, the drummer from Primus, and the keyboardist from a band called Praxis.

Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains

These are delicious links. You must click them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J48vuoO2PQY.................http://www.myspace.com/drsteel
Originally Posted by Shralla View Post
Oh man people shit-talking Buckethead.

I bet you think Les Claypool isn't anything special either.

If so, you'll HATE THIS BAND! Because it's Les Claypool, Buckethead, the drummer from Primus, and the keyboardist from a band called Praxis.

Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains

Negative.

I wasn't exactly shit talking him. I like buckethead.

I was just saying that he gets a little bit boring.
lol
Instrumental rock is, for the most part, better than lyrical rock... at least that's what I've witnessed. I usually like instrumental tracks better, on whichever bands you can think of.

I'm a huge Buckethead fan. I've always loved technical music.
Same.
I like instrumentals wayy better than lyrical, often because you can't have crazy 8 finger tapping while singing, or the riffs while someone is singing are pretty bland and boring. Most of the time anywayz.
With instrumental, you add your own story
srsly

Like, when I'm listening to the opening of Buckethead's 'Plankton' (a song), I think of fishies swimmin' around. When the riff picks up pace and gets faster, I imagine sharks closing in. Finally when the riff goes 'BOOM' and all crazy, I imagine a chase going on.
Yeah, crazy imagination I got.

But most of the time, I'm just ogling (did I use this word right?) at how awesome the riffs and licks are.
Last edited by DeeJayy741; Sep 3, 2009 at 11:38 AM.