Toribash
Original Post
That Handsome Devil
Described by wikipedia as "That Handsome Devil has an innovative swing style and has been difficult to categorize, utilizing an electric mix of genres such as rock, funk, jazz, jive, blues, surf, R&B, reggae, rockabilly, rap, even psychedelic. Their sound has also been described as 'equal parts Screamin’ Jay Hawkins, bizarre electronica, creepy hip hop and in-your-face gonzo rock'. Gypsy jazz has been used in description of the band, while frontman Godforbid himself describes the band's music as "fringe pop". Godforbid has been compared to Mike Patton, Tom Waits, and Mick Jagger, with his unique vocals described as a 'three way car crash between Louis Armstrong, Kurt Cobain, and Eminem.' "

I never get sick of listening to these guys. If you recognize the name, they had a song, "Elephant Bones", in Guitar Hero II, as well as "Rob the Prez-O-Dent" in Rock Band 2.

Viva Discordia

Dating Tips

Mexico
This band is OK at best in my opinion. Their weird vocal patterns coming from the singer really throw my opinion of them off. Take away the vocals and they become a good band.
Lolsignature
Woah.

Awesome, really diggin it.

I like that it's so different. I love the Jazzish style.
This is the Emergency Alert System. All normal programming has been discontinued during this emergency.
Yeh.

I find it cool that you can't find the vocalist's actual name anywhere.

He's just Godforbid, except for a few choice people, it seems.
Now that's strange, if their music wasn't strange enough... Lol.

EDIT: "Standing Room In Heaven" is fucking AMAZING
Last edited by Slith; Jul 20, 2009 at 06:25 AM.
This is the Emergency Alert System. All normal programming has been discontinued during this emergency.
I like the first and the last, the beats are unique.
The vocals are pretty good, the only thing I don't like about that style is that I sometimes can't understand some of the lyrics.
Originally Posted by Renkai View Post
I like the first and the last, the beats are unique.
The vocals are pretty good, the only thing I don't like about that style is that I sometimes can't understand some of the lyrics.

My opinion.

Also, I like their name. ;o
Yeh, took me a bit to generally get the gist of what he was saying, similar to when I started listening to some of the heavier metal.