Toribash
Original Post
Decency or Skill
Which is more important? In toribash? In real life? Which is more valuable? Which is rarer?

Do you respect those with skill, or those who are decent? Would it be immoral to ignore decency? Would you be ignorant to respect those with skill?

Of course, its a balance of both. But if you were to choose one, which one would you choose?
Which is more important?

Depends on the situation.

In toribash?

Skill, ingame.

In real life?

See first.

Which is rarer?

Decency.

Do you respect those with skill, or those who are decent?

Depends, but usually those who are decent.

Would it be immoral to ignore decency?

Depends on morals. I don't think so. But you should be decent anyway.

Would you be ignorant to respect those with skill?

Why would you be?

But if you were to choose one, which one would you choose?

Decency. I can become skilled. Decency is slightly harder to learn.
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor
Decency has to dral with your morals and how you grow up with influences and doesn't change later in life. Skill, for anything, comes from experience and practice. If you are skillful in something but not decent no one will respect you. If you are decent people will respect you and teach you or help you. So decency.
Decency.

Some people have a great skill but a lack of decency. I respect people with a high level of decency rather than a high level of skill.

But of course, as you say, a combination of both does the job.
Decency > Skill. You can be great at the game, and be a complete dickhead. Therefore people wont like you as much, or respect you. Unless you have some sort of power, then people raise you up like a god for know reason, hoping to get bonus points for being a kissass. Pretty much the same for real life, too.
You're blkk's alt?
You double clanning sunuvabi-

Anyways, this seems more like discussion material, but I'll give it a shot.

Which is more important? Depends. Just general skill in everything will certainly allow you to achieve more of the material and superficial in life, but decency and morality are the basic requirements of friendship and genuine respect.

I'm assuming skill doesn't apply to forming friendships, social skills, and skill in making ethical decisions, because that would render this thread useless.
Last edited by Boredpayne; Jun 26, 2010 at 12:30 AM. Reason: thought of something
In toribash, i can't stand to play with assholes/etc, i dont care if they're the best player in toribash.

in real life, well, if you're not a decent person, but skilled, you might make a lot of money/whatever but you probably won't have much of a social life or anything, so i'd have to say decency in both categories.

[T]
#hi