Toribash
Original Post
[MOD]2.5D Sparring
In an effort to get back into modding form, I made these mods to simulate combat similar to that of Street Fighter or Tekken.

Features

- The main feature is the two invisible walls which closely surround the players. This forces the fighters to move only backwards and forwards (like a traditional 2D/2.5D fighter) while allowing full rotation for multiple strikes.

-Lighter Bodyparts including hands and feet to encourage "juggling", combos and quick movements for maximal damage

-Joint ranges, velocities and strengths are modified to allow for rapid changes in direction during the fight

-Light balance system to keep the fight smooth without impeding total freedom during your moves

Mod List

Feel free to request additional environments where you would wish to fight.

2dfighter.tbm- The 'base mod' containing only the modified toris and the surrounding walls

2dfighter1.tbm- The fight takes place in the middle of a highway amongst crashed vehicles.

2dfighter2.tbm- A simple environment where the fight takes place upon a small temple-like building

Criticism/Feedback is appreciated.
Attached Files
2dfighter.tbm (1.9 KB, 60 views)
2dfighter1.tbm (23.0 KB, 53 views)
2dfighter2.tbm (4.7 KB, 54 views)
Pirate: smilies, your textures kick so much ass

<~ClockworkMonkey> sometimes, you don't try really hard and things just work out

The mods are amazing, I love what you've done to the bodyparts.
This inspired me to make a (really simple) script that forces a player to the middle of the arena, using set_body_force.
Not really that useful for this mod since you've already made the walls and it's mostly a MP mod, but it's still an interesting script.
Attached Files
25d.lua (254 Bytes, 12 views)
multiple texture uploader! updated: multiple texture remover!
updated pretty colorlist!

<BobJoelZ> ok ive just rebooted my pc and ive tried to activate my reflex on yahoo internet explorer :/ no luck

<Aracoon> I do not enjoy having anal sex with multiple men
Last one is simple, yet really nice for adding an atmosphere and having a sparring replay.
Good job ;)
OSHI - AM - TRG
RAKU