Toribash
Original Post
Revamping the board - I need your help!
Hello!
I am now the new and only mod of this board.
Some of you may know me, I'm Yoyo, and I've been modding and scripting for a long time.

This board is really outdated and inactive right now, and I want to change that.

First step - ideas.
I need your help with coming up with ideas for this board, including the subforums.
I already have a few, but if all of you help, we can largely improve the quality of the board.

I am planning to do a full revamp of most of the current stickies, especially the rules thread, and hopefully make this board more unrestricted and newb-friendly.

I am also looking for someone that can do a full modding and/or scripting tutorial, similar to culapou's or clockworkmonkey's, but with better examples.

Feel free to post here with any suggestion you may have, or just to congratulate me :)
If you need help (or want to report) with something related to this board, feel free to contact me through PM or IRC - my username there is Yoyo, too.

Have a great day.
multiple texture uploader! updated: multiple texture remover!
updated pretty colorlist!

<BobJoelZ> ok ive just rebooted my pc and ive tried to activate my reflex on yahoo internet explorer :/ no luck

<Aracoon> I do not enjoy having anal sex with multiple men
How about a stickie telling first-time forumers about the beginner sanctuary and support? Or a stickied link about ingame and forum. If these are already there, I will think about more.
私の顔にそれを言う。
-Catagorizeing the mods that are released would be an improvment , Parkour , Sparing , Akidio and so on .

-Having a tips and tricks section would be great for those who wish to build somthing specific ( like a chain attatched to a rotating poll or even a certian structure ) .

-Bringing back the mod team would probably be a good thing too , we have been inactive for far too long . Even a new team would be good .

-Having events for modding would also be a great approach to getting more activity and people interested .

- There is one thing that I have been stressing about for quite some time now , short promotional videos for new mod releases . Everyone loves a good video along with a new mod so why not ? If you look at anyother game's website ( combat arms) , they have voice actors , quick videos showing whats new and what not .

This will bring the forum to life and make it much more interesting .
Last edited by TRichard21; Dec 4, 2012 at 03:37 PM.
clear out all the crap, make a sub forum for discussion, release and tutorials (pro tip, almost all of the tutorials are out dated). Maybe separate tbm releases and lua releases, but maybe not.

Maybe you should make the tutorials.

I did that documentation because I was tired of explaining stuff to people and because nobody was going to do anything.

You could try asking RicoSuave though. He also makes art.
<the god> the god
<@Smilies2> modding tiem

I don't think I'll be changing the subforum structure to be honest, but I'm trying to clear out all the crap.
As far as tutorials go, I don't have time to do them, maybe we could get a few modders to colab and come up with something?

<BobJoelZ> ok ive just rebooted my pc and ive tried to activate my reflex on yahoo internet explorer :/ no luck

when you are trying to simplify,
I just wish it more complex.

the mod releases and lua scripts,
are almost all self explanatory.

When it is complicated and hard to use or to be played,
we might need a explanation of the mod,
for begginers to learn the basics.

The question,
mods are made by begginers or played by begginers?
Originally Posted by dengue View Post
when you are trying to simplify,
I just wish it more complex.

the mod releases and lua scripts,
are almost all self explanatory.

When it is complicated and hard to use or to be played,
we might need a explanation of the mod,
for begginers to learn the basics.

The question,
mods are made by begginers or played by begginers?

It would be nice if you could use a more clear english, as I'm not quite sure I understand what you're saying.

Also, what should I change about this thread? It's really kind of outdated, and I'm gonna start working on it.

Would it be possible to add the rules about uploading a mod in the auto-updater page? Some people seem to have trouble finding them.
I can surely add some sort of guidelines, yes.

I am saying we need to help begginers to play a mod.

Begginers like simple and easy gameplay.

Examples:

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=286536
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=266280

The rules are useful.

tutorials here and classes on unibash can help.
Last edited by dengue; Dec 6, 2012 at 11:02 AM.