Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
Linux Questions.
I have ben looking to install a nice version of linux (upgrade from XP) and I have a couple questions.

I have ben looking at Unbuntu, Should I stick with this one or keep looking?

thanks.
o7 | OLDA | RL | T3AL | raku
unbuntu, is the best linux to have if your starting out, there are better one out there but you need somnolage on linux before you get it
Hey ThePz. Welcome to the Linux World then. .

Ubuntu is one of the greatest Linux distributions (you can call them "flavors") for beginners.
Personally I would recommend you to get Linux Mint instead. Linux Mint is heavily based on Ubuntu, but has some tools and more software available from the repositories. Plus the menu is - at least in my opinion - better than the one on Ubuntu. Its basically Ubuntu with some tweaking and ready to use as soon as you install it.
Should you need help for Linux Mint, you can use the info available on the internet for Ubuntu, as it will apply exactly the same for Linux Mint. Same for software installations. You act as if your system is Ubuntu, so you get the best of both worlds

Download the Live DVD version because its ready out of the box with flash, java, unrar, and many other features that you don't get pre-installed with Ubuntu. ;)

This is how my current Linux Mint 9 desktop looks like:

If you don't like Ubuntu nor Linux Mint, you can try Fedora or openSUSE.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Never i repeat NEVER choose Linux distribution, by screenshots! At Windows (R)(TM), you can't really edit looking of OS (there is soft for that but , it will only emulate that...),but in Linux , there's Desktop managers (eg. Gnome , KDE4 , XFCE4 , LXDE)! Now how to choose?
There is simple compassion:
name:                          UBUNTU                             FEDORA
Base:                            Debian(.deb)                      Red Hat(.rpm)
User Level:                    Absolutely beginner              intermediate
Default Desktop manager:          GNOME                             Gnome :)
thats it!
Oh and btw... Linux is NOT Windows and doesn't pretend to be. So it isn't exactly an "upgrade" to go from Windows XP to Linux. They're radically different operative systems with different Pros and Cons. They aren't made to substitute one another. They follow different philosophies and core structures.
A lot of people try Linux because they think they'll get a free operative system that can behave exactly as Windows, and that's not true for certain things (and vice versa). Linux is Linux, Windows is Windows. One should keep that in mind and prepare for a different experience, even on an easy linux distribution such as Ubuntu.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
I love Ubuntu, you can still run all windows programs through the progam "wine." Also, there is much more freedom, and you can download many files that do almost everything made by other ubuntu users. Its best if you learn how to use its code and formatting and the like. I love it though.
I really like Ubuntu because its appearance and its performance.
Ubuntu has very nice visual effect and its work load capability is very big. its has powerful multitasking ability. but in some pc we faced the driver related problem other wish there is no problem at all.
All OS are capable of that kind of visual effects, do not pick based on visual effects.

Think about what you are looking for in an OS, do you want better resource handling, do you want it to be light weight, do you want it to be highly compatible, or maybe you just want something new?
Well, right now I am using my netbook, with Linux. They really arent what the Linux look, they are different. I think is modified for school. So, Linux are really fast and good. Could be better than Windows, but thats a personal answer. I say try them with a trial and if you like em, upgrade da shit.
OSHI - AM - TRG
RAKU