Toribash
Original Post
Massive computer problem.
I have succesfully updated my compaq pressario 2100 laptop with windows 7 ultimate. theres only one problem. It left ALL of my drivers when i upgraded. So i'm in need of a list of the drivers that are used with my laptop. Also, I have downlaoded Graphics/Audio drivers but for some reason they wouldn't work.
All i have at the moment is a very low screen resolution with VGA drivers. It says that i do not have enough resources for my graphics card. I had one of my friends over to look at it and he said that i have plenty of ram/hard drive space.
the colors on my laptop are also VERY messed up, it looks like someone smacked the screen with a hammer.

So whats going on? Any help is appreciated.
Last edited by ThePz; Jun 20, 2010 at 05:52 AM.
o7 | OLDA | RL | T3AL | raku
You need to find the parts that are in your computer, go to the sites of the manufacturers and download the drivers from them.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Yeah...about the screen. It looks like someone smashed it with a hammer? As in, youbroke the LCD screen? I'm afraid that's not a driver issue...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
no nobody even tapped the screen.
I got the driver downloads from the official HP sight (ATI card, audio drivers) and it said installation failed. i'm not sure what to do next.
Uninstall everything that relates to some sort of driver manually

See, the great thing about windows 7, is that the update center is much better

So, on the taskbar, open the update manager

go to optional section and select the drivers you need

that should work. If it doesnt, you should try what war hero said
luc0: i've downloaded the stock drivers but they are stuck on the VGA drivers because for some reason it says "not enough resources."
I'm still stuck in a small resolution, btw.

anyone got anything on this?
i would say completely reinstall everything

OR

buy a new hard drive
then install win7 on that and then follow my instructions =]
Go to device manager (Start menu>search>type device manager+enter) and see if your graphics card is there. It should be under display adapters. check for driver updates and also go into control panel and see if you can put the resolution up and put it to 32 bit color (or the highest thats there.
for the drivers there are 8 links for the 2100 series laptop that might have drivers you're looking for http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...202&taskId=135 you probably clicked the wrong 2100 when you went to download the 2100 drivers on the bottom of your laptop it should say the model as compaq presario 2100 with some other following information.

the first two links would be a big distinction as the differences in drivers. one is an amd cpu version and the other being an intel cpu version. the drivers would be incompatible if you have the intel one and clicked the top link which is the amd.

the drivers also appear on that website as only xp drivers, but if you have a 32 bit version of windows 7 you could probably install some of them from that website such as the video, sound and lan drivers
Last edited by Organ; Jun 21, 2010 at 05:56 AM.
You don't say?
Have you tried deleting windows32.exe?
Works for all my compy problems.

Banned for 5 days for being an utter idiot.
Last edited by RedDevil; Jun 21, 2010 at 10:28 AM.
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ