Ranking
lol I don't think I would have listed DOTA2 in the top 100.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
always had a problem with Top lists.

Mass effect 2 doesnt deserve #1
Skyrim doesnt deserve #2

both games would make my personal top 10, but neither of them were perfect games.

as a shooter i thought TF2 was terrible.
dark souls feels so dated, trying to play it now and the controls are janky as.
diablo 3, dishonoured, GW2, stalker, BF4 etc all very flawed.

meanwhile AC black flag made 96 when it was like a breath of fresh air in that series.

dota making 16th with LoL in the 50s is going to turn some heads.
although as dota players, we all totally understand the list makers point of view.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
always had a problem with Top lists.

Mass effect 2 doesnt deserve #1
Skyrim doesnt deserve #2

both games would make my personal top 10, but neither of them were perfect games.

as a shooter i thought TF2 was terrible.
dark souls feels so dated, trying to play it now and the controls are janky as.
diablo 3, dishonoured, GW2, stalker, BF4 etc all very flawed.

meanwhile AC black flag made 96 when it was like a breath of fresh air in that series.

dota making 16th with LoL in the 50s is going to turn some heads.
although as dota players, we all totally understand the list makers point of view.

my opinion on the dota vs lol thing has always been as following: gameplay and graphics are a matter of opinion, but you can't deny that valve does what's outside of gameplay/graphics better: events are better (league of legends doesn't have events), the cosmetics are better (individual items, trading between players, real money trading, the workshop, bigger variety of items like loading screens, announcers), shit like replays, compendiums, crafting.

and I don't like that league has runes and masteries: it gives an unfair advantage.
f=m*a syens
Originally Posted by Arglax View Post
but you can't deny that valve does what's outside of gameplay/graphics better:

and I don't like that league has runes and masteries: it gives an unfair advantage.

LoL players can't deny it :o

Yeah, I agree about the runes and stuff. At one point HotS (Heroes of the Storm) were thinking of having the same runes system, which I thought was a terrible idea. I have no idea if they implemented it or not though, because I didn't get into the beta.

I used to play LoL, and looking back one of the only things I liked better was how you progress. I know it's cool not having to unlock the heroes in Dota, but it feels like you are getting somewhere when you have half of the LoL champions unlocked ect. Dota kinda tried to progress with their leveling presents (every 5 lvls), but it's not the same.
S A D B O Y S
Originally Posted by IceWariorZ View Post
LoL players can't deny it :o

Yeah, I agree about the runes and stuff. At one point HotS (Heroes of the Storm) were thinking of having the same runes system, which I thought was a terrible idea. I have no idea if they implemented it or not though, because I didn't get into the beta.

I used to play LoL, and looking back one of the only things I liked better was how you progress. I know it's cool not having to unlock the heroes in Dota, but it feels like you are getting somewhere when you have half of the LoL champions unlocked ect. Dota kinda tried to progress with their leveling presents (every 5 lvls), but it's not the same.

good point, but the progress kind of ends once you hit level 30. Then you could try ranked, but doto also has MMR and shit. You can still feel like you make progress after that by getting into trading and whatnot
f=m*a syens
I prefer dota cuz it has economic and trading items. I love bets on dota2lounge and other things with items
My zoo:Vog-dog,kat-cat,Matt76-brother,tman-tbitch,iRookie-lesbian,RKG-erky,brigada-bitch-X.
events are better (league of legends doesn't have events)

I think LoL has events...

Even in my small city I've seen LoL tournaments sponsored by Riot. With a big stage and announcers and all.
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
I think LoL has events...

Even in my small city I've seen LoL tournaments sponsored by Riot. With a big stage and announcers and all.

i mean stuff like diretide
f=m*a syens
I have a problem with betting at d2l. Biggest problem: I tend to lose.

Anyways, I suggest you guys watching ddx from Isurus Gaming, he's an awesome invoker, best Americas' one imo.
Lifestealer new meta?
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/842503648

#PoorMan'sHeart
-----
i mean stuff like diretide

Oh, I see.
Last edited by ImmortalPig; Aug 20, 2014 at 03:16 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump