Toribash
Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
the difference is, vegas is an editing program (like premiere pro) and after effects is a composition program.
in short clips with heavy effects Ae will be the ideal choice but if you are editing a movie then vegas is the way to go (or you can use premier pro and after effects flow work for the best result).

Actually, After Effects is the better choice for professional videos/movies, as it has more tools, effects and better support of other softwares(such as Blender3D, Maya, Photoshop etc).

Vegas is simpler to use when it's configurated. It's the best editing program for starters in the editing field, as it has almost everything you need in a simple video(layers, composition, velocity, color correction, auto-fade, cut-with-a-button etc).
retired replaymaker | discord: victortb#9592
yep, it's pretty much as victor said in my opinion
vegas always was simple and stick to its tools since forever
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

well, you are right but when you have a shit ton of clips to compose in after effects it turn into hell, bc unlike vegas or premiere where you can just drag and drop the clip and the program will put it right in the end you have to manually move it where you need it to be which is a really painful progress and lets not forget that every clip will have it's own channel (so you'll have to go through the clips vertically and horizontally if u want to fix something) when making movies considering you'll have hundreds of clips you are likely to lose track of things, and thats why most professionals use premiere for the most part and add effects in Ae when needed (its the most effective workflow if ur pc can handle both programs open)
Aadame:I'm very signaturable
It's just no one usues my shit .
Vegas is pretty much a pan/crop tool I guess, you just drag clips, cut them and use p/c as much as you want
After Effects handles the hard work that makes the video actually good looking

both softwares are able to do the same thing, but one is easier to something and the other is easier to another thing *shrug*
im still pretty sure after is used way more often than Vegas in professional levels
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
well, you are right but when you have a shit ton of clips to compose in after effects it turn into hell, bc unlike vegas or premiere where you can just drag and drop the clip, the program will put it right in the end you have to manually move it where you need it to be which is a really painful progress and lets not forget that every clip will have it's own channel (so you'll have to go through the clips vertically and horizontally if u want to fix something) when making movies considering you'll have hundreds of clips you are likely to lose track of things, and thats why most professionals use premiere for the most part and add effects in Ae when needed (its the most effective workflow if ur pc can handle both programs open)

Well, you can make a group of layers and name them, making the progress easier. Yet I'm not sure if I can do this in Vegas because it has been some time since I last used it(pc broke).

I never used Premiere so I can't say anything about it.

Originally Posted by Lionet View Post
both softwares are able to do the same thing, but one is easier to something and the other is easier to another thing *shrug*
im still pretty sure after is used way more often than Vegas in professional levels

Yep, it's the program they teach in Cinema Courses afterall.

That stuff is just like digital art softwares, you can paint the same stuff in them, they will just give you different tools to reach the same end.
Last edited by victortb; Mar 7, 2019 at 04:18 PM.
retired replaymaker | discord: victortb#9592
If you're making edits, Vegas is the best for velocity and pan/crop. After effects is also good for well, effects. A lot of editors use Vegas to get the flow of the edit and sync up all the clips and stuff. Then they go import it into AE and make all the crazy shit in there. However, saying that you can still make some crazy effects in Vegas and you can still get some good flow in After Effects. At the end of the day, it's personal preference really. Go with whatever you're comfortable with. But they do have different strengths and weaknesses.