Toribash
Depends on your style, in my opinion. I might be a tad outdated as I was out for a few months,I rely on momentum when I use on-30.00 gravity all the while making my motions as realistic and efficient as possible. Like, I try not to do openers I cannot possibly make a decent follow up on. For the -9.82 gravity, I make sure my opener won't lead to me floating off uke, and I always make the first hit a nograb. Usually, my openers are influenced by what kind of media I've watched beforehand.
Originally Posted by Yaum View Post
Does anyone here make sets?

Originally Posted by sprytryne View Post
Depends on your style, in my opinion. I might be a tad outdated as I was out for a few months,I rely on momentum when I use on-30.00 gravity all the while making my motions as realistic and efficient as possible. Like, I try not to do openers I cannot possibly make a decent follow up on. For the -9.82 gravity, I make sure my opener won't lead to me floating off uke, and I always make the first hit a nograb. Usually, my openers are influenced by what kind of media I've watched beforehand.

Spry, do you change the DM? I always find it hard to get a good boomhit without changing DM.
R.I.P DOG
Ryan will be remembered.
I never change the dm threshold. I usually angle my hits so i'd be able to hit all the joints i want to dismember. It usually takes me a while to get a boom the right way i want to. And the wonky hit detection of toribash helps, if you notice, sometimes the feet or hands phase through joints, thus hitting a wider area of joints rather than a single one.
Aaand sometimes, the booms i make are the result of a hit that just reached a certain velocity that everything that offending appendage hits become dismembered.

may i see samples of your replays?
Last edited by sprytryne; Nov 5, 2014 at 05:07 AM.
Deym. Got some pretty sick boomhits in this replay of mine

(btw this replay won me 2nd place in the ConCuCha event)
Attached Files
Heart of Gold
I made this a few years back, so yeah. :P Sorry if its really noob.
Attached Files
Esti-MLG skeet.rpl (194.5 KB, 5 views)
R.I.P DOG
Ryan will be remembered.
Here are some, spry. Feel free to CnC it. So you use 100 dm threshold?
Attached Files
Blue - Baby Skeet.rpl (247.4 KB, 5 views)
Blue - SkeetFeet.rpl (137.7 KB, 5 views)
Last edited by ImVeryBlue; Nov 8, 2014 at 02:42 PM.
Virus: Son | ImVeryBlue: Husband | Creati0n: Wife
WE'RE A HAPPY FAMILY
Originally Posted by Yaum View Post
Does anyone here make sets?

What kind of sets are you talkin' bout :3

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Heya, gots a math 11 exam that ended at 9 fucking o'clock so I wasn't able to reply to y'all. The drinking afterwards made it especially hard to reply.

Anyways,

B4CKST4B, your replay is nice, your flow might need a bit of work but you already got the booms and momentum pat down. The pose is alright in itself, but I'm certain you can do a whole lot better.

Estimax- It's understandable, I started out the same way. Anyways, my tip for you is when you're playing in -30.00, try not to flop around the floor too much, and stay on your feet as kicking too and fro while on your back tends to make things look ugly. I suggest you do classic gravity for a while, try to know how to boom and get a nice flow going o/

Imveryblue: Baby skeet: The second kick could've been a boom with a little angle, how you broke the torso look rather stiff, but I like how you posed. You got on your feet, which is nice. Skeets tend to look

waitasec, vacuum salesman. gonna continue the cncing laterr
Last edited by sprytryne; Nov 8, 2014 at 08:15 AM.