Toribash
IMO AM is not really viable outside of pro/organised play. Unless you are pretty high mmr I wouldn't bother trying, you need a lot of farm.

Tusk and SB just gank a lot but don't yolo, make sure to talk to your team. If either of them show up in a lane it should be guaranteed cash so long as you are organised.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
antimage is strong, but takes a while to get going.
if you like the whole blink and fight thing, try phantom assassin or Queen of Pain.

Tusk and SB are all about the roaming. they make stuff happen, so when stuff happens, make sure your teams prepared for it and is ready to follow up.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by Arglax View Post
what kind of experience do you have with moba's?
also, where do you live? if you live in EU we can play together
i can show you some basic knowledge like how to pull, how runes work, ... vs bots

I've been playing League Of Legends a lot and also the classic Dota back then for Warcraft 3. I'm currently still active in League and my ranking in soloqueue is Gold 3 iirc.

Yes I play on EU and I appreciate any help I can get. The most annoying thing was the delay on the heroes, especially the walking and last hitting. I found it super hard. I looked through the internet and found people saying that the delay is there because the animations are a bit more intense than the ones in League, so the heroes have to turn around before going to the spot you clicked them to etc. I knew that from Warcraft 3 though, so it just took a few games to get used to it, but it's still annoying to me.

Also thanks Immortalpig and BenDover for the tips, I'll try that out! I played some more matches as AM and SB. Playing AM vs a range laner is pain in the ass, I barely got any last hits and was just underleveled later and I happened to be free farm for Bloodseeker and the others.

SB was really fun, I tried roaming some more and got a few easy kills. However, I didn't feel all that useful in teamfights, but that could've been just me. I guess I'm going to play more and learn how to handle the SB more.

Played one or two matches as Tusk again aswell and I didn't know that your snow ball pulls your teammates with it ... I learned that the hard way.
Last edited by Destram; Aug 15, 2014 at 05:26 PM.
Pick tiny and throw your teammates !
My zoo:Vog-dog,kat-cat,Matt76-brother,tman-tbitch,iRookie-lesbian,RKG-erky,brigada-bitch-X.
Originally Posted by Destram View Post
I've been playing League Of Legends a lot and also the classic Dota back then for Warcraft 3. I'm currently still active in League and my ranking in soloqueue is Gold 3 iirc.

Yes I play on EU and I appreciate any help I can get. The most annoying thing was the delay on the heroes, especially the walking and last hitting. I found it super hard. I looked through the internet and found people saying that the delay is there because the animations are a bit more intense than the ones in League, so the heroes have to turn around before going to the spot you clicked them to etc. I knew that from Warcraft 3 though, so it just took a few games to get used to it, but it's still annoying to me.

Also thanks Immortalpig and BenDover for the tips, I'll try that out! I played some more matches as AM and SB. Playing AM vs a range laner is pain in the ass, I barely got any last hits and was just underleveled later and I happened to be free farm for Bloodseeker and the others.

SB was really fun, I tried roaming some more and got a few easy kills. However, I didn't feel all that useful in teamfights, but that could've been just me. I guess I'm going to play more and learn how to handle the SB more.

Played one or two matches as Tusk again aswell and I didn't know that your snow ball pulls your teammates with it ... I learned that the hard way.

Start off with heroes that have easy farm: sniper, doom, alchemist, ursa, ...
unlike in LoL, you don't use spells on minions unless you're swimming in mana (exceptions exist, spellcasters like lina, zeus, death prophet, ... can use spells on minions for early farm).

heroes have casting animations, one of the worst examples being zeus: farming without using spells is really difficult playing zeus because your damage is abysmal, the casting animation is long and the projectile has a slow movement speed. other examples of this are tinker and razor: razor "connects" with the target through some kind of electric bolt, but the damage isn't dealt instantly: rather a moment after you connected with the target.

just practice a lot on bots.
-----
btw we can play a training match without any bots, i can show you special features of the map around and learn you some tricks like pulling creeps, using the courier, using multiple units (like in an RTS and all)
Last edited by Arglax; Aug 15, 2014 at 07:15 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
f=m*a syens

Yea AM is really good in tri-lanes, (where you have two supports helping you farm and harassing the enemy so they can't stop you) which means he isn't that great in pubs if you don't have at least a party of 3, or some decently smart teammates.

If you like farm dependent heroes you could try Outworld Devourer or Shadow Fiend because they are both mid heroes, so there is only one person to stop you from farming. OD pretty much wins his lane no matter what because of his W.

I played LoL before Dota 2 came out, and one of the things that helped me the most was to watch other players stream. At the time, I would watch a lot of Merlini, although I haven't seen him streaming for a while. Aui_2000 is also very good at explaining what he is doing and why he is doing it.
Last edited by Laser; Aug 15, 2014 at 08:11 PM.
S A D B O Y S
I happened to be free farm for Bloodseeker and the others.

BS counter AM hard, rupture + blink = dead.

SB was really fun, I tried roaming some more and got a few easy kills. However, I didn't feel all that useful in teamfights, but that could've been just me.

hes not much of a teamfighter, initiation and pickoff people befor the fight, after that you just focus down annoying heros and chase the stragglers etc.

usefull hero to have on the team, but fades out fast in the late game.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
BS counter AM hard, rupture + blink = dead.

hes not much of a teamfighter, initiation and pickoff people befor the fight, after that you just focus down annoying heros and chase the stragglers etc.

usefull hero to have on the team, but fades out fast in the late game.

You start to see less and less Spirit Breakers as you advance sadly. I'm one of the few people to pick him, although I play him as a support. It works way better than you would expect, and is played mostly like support Juggernaut if you've done/seen it before.

Speaking of BS and Bara, they are a pretty deadly combo, with Bara charging into low health enemies.

Also, I found this to be a weird and funny line of Spirit Breaker's from the Warcraft Dota mod.
S A D B O Y S
Originally Posted by IceWariorZ View Post
You start to see less and less Spirit Breakers as you advance sadly. I'm one of the few people to pick him, although I play him as a support. It works way better than you would expect, and is played mostly like support Juggernaut if you've done/seen it before.

Speaking of BS and Bara, they are a pretty deadly combo, with Bara charging into low health enemies.

Also, I found this to be a weird and funny line of Spirit Breaker's from the Warcraft Dota mod.

he still says MoooOOOOooooo! some times
f=m*a syens