Toribash
Originally Posted by eazi View Post
The stats and the regen that linkens gives you are great. plus its really useful against teams with silences and single target stuns. If you're free farming i think its much better than drums + bkb.

drums gives +9 to all.
linkens gives +15 to all.

3300 more gold for 6 extra stats is hardly a good idea.
especially when the perseverance could be used on the battlefury instead.

Also, im pretty sure you're wrong here. The first 10 calibration matches take your normal mmr as a starting point. You get mmr for every normal match you play and its based on stuff like hero damage, tower damage, gpm, xpm, stun duration, slow duration etc.
Thats why you see people with huge difference in their mmr even with the same win/loss in their calibration matches.

I dont have any direct source but there are lots of mmr experience examples in playdota.com you can check out.

i dont know how they work it out, but that wasnt the point, the point was that MMR isnt always accurate.
ive played with tinerr befor, and he's not a sub 2.9k mmr player.

as for your description, its still the only point where any real calibration is done. every ranked game i played in gave +/- 23-26 points for wins/losses, regardless of mine or my teams performance.
Last edited by BenDover; Aug 14, 2014 at 01:26 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Also, im pretty sure you're wrong here. The first 10 calibration matches take your normal mmr as a starting point. You get mmr for every normal match you play and its based on stuff like hero damage, tower damage, gpm, xpm, stun duration, slow duration etc.

Nah calibration matches are like normal (only based on win/loss and your/enemy MMR) but they scale much much more, so instead of gaining say 15 points you might gain 150 for a win.

Originally Posted by GiraFFus View Post
Deso is a good choice for ember, cuz u can decrease whole enemy team armor with only one jump

But you aren't focusing them so it's kind of pointless. If there's no follow up physical damage on them then what's the point?
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Nah calibration matches are like normal (only based on win/loss and your/enemy MMR) but they scale much much more, so instead of gaining say 15 points you might gain 150 for a win.

But you aren't focusing them so it's kind of pointless. If there's no follow up physical damage on them then what's the point?

It gives huge advantage to your team.It's like 'buy desol on ember, instead of picking Dazzle'
And if you have another physical damage carry on your team,it is the reason to get deso
My zoo:Vog-dog,kat-cat,Matt76-brother,tman-tbitch,iRookie-lesbian,RKG-erky,brigada-bitch-X.
linkens is situational. Thats it. Drums or even bracer are enough. And IMO rushing skadi ist that bad on ember. Its also situational i guess
gfdgdghfg
deso isnt bad.
same as skadi, applying the debuff to the whole team is pretty usefull.
Last edited by BenDover; Aug 14, 2014 at 03:06 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
It depends on your team composition of course, but I think there are a lot better deso carriers.

Applying skadi to everyone is useful by itself, applying deso is only useful if they are being focused by physical damage.
The point of getting linkens on ember is that it greatly boosts your survivability. You wont get hexed/silenced/stunned to death and your flame gaurd will protect you from magic damage. imo in most situations its better than getting drums + bkb.

After calibration mmr is just based on win/loss, but before that you have a hidden mmr in normal matchmaking that gets calculated based on your own performance compared to others in the game.
(╯°□°)╯︵ pɐǝɹɥʇ ʎɐldǝɹ
Hidden mmr is calculated in the exact same way as mmr. It's just elo, there's nothing else to it.

If two people play together all the time, one plays carry the other plays support, their hidden mmr will be exactly the same. If they then start playing ranked together their team mmr will be exactly the same too.
Hi there, I just started playing Dota 2. Well not really "just started", but I began to play more intensely.

Could you guys tell me something about the Anti Mage and if he is a viable and good hero to play? I liked that one so far because of the teleportation and his action-heavy playstyle in general.

I also enjoyed Tusk and Spirit Breaker, so I'd appreciate some tips on those ones aswell. Tinerr already told me a few things but I guess there is always enough to learn. Thanks!
Originally Posted by Destram View Post
Hi there, I just started playing Dota 2. Well not really "just started", but I began to play more intensely.

Could you guys tell me something about the Anti Mage and if he is a viable and good hero to play? I liked that one so far because of the teleportation and his action-heavy playstyle in general.

I also enjoyed Tusk and Spirit Breaker, so I'd appreciate some tips on those ones aswell. Tinerr already told me a few things but I guess there is always enough to learn. Thanks!

what kind of experience do you have with moba's?
also, where do you live? if you live in EU we can play together
i can show you some basic knowledge like how to pull, how runes work, ... vs bots

also

W T F KEYLESS ECONOMY?

what do you guys think the impact on the market will be?
f=m*a syens