Toribash
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
How do you recognize/choose a good duo partner?

By playing with people. :P

Try to find someone who synenergizes well with your playstyle.

Try as much as you can with people you think might wana play rankeds with you, with as many lane comps as possible (top/bot, top/mid, jungle/top etc etc)

8 to 1 with Nunu. Pretty good.
I was told that he was a good support and easy to play so this is just proof of the matter. Any hints you can give since I already own Nunu. Just have to start practicing.

Skill order: R>W>E>Q ALWAYS Blood boild your carry (or cannon minion, for lolz when playing premades), E their carry when he/she tries to lasthit. Because your passive, try to get few AA in whenever you can, use Q to regain health and just rum around being yeti.

All normal support stuff applies, ward as much as you can/need. Learn jungle timers, look at the minimap, ping other lanes when they're getting ganked, make calls etc
Listen to dargon.
Build frozen heart and shureilas, sit on your carry the entire game and blood boil him to death.
You'll win. Simple as that. Nunu is the only support who can carry imo
piss
I like Ap mid which is what I play when I can in normals.
I try to carry as hard as I can under the circumstances that I'm given.

Matches

(Disregard that Co-op ai game)
But yea, not the greatest but I'm trying to improve. I'm pretty decent mechanically but I'm always working to improve. My main point of focus at the moment is map awareness. I suck at that still.

Ward the bush between their red and their wraiths and/or the long banana shaped bush near their blue. You'll see any would be ganks coming from miles away, as well as your lane opponent going to do wraiths, roaming to other lanes or going to get blue. If you only warded one of those, stick close to that side of the lane. Try to follow your lane opponent when he goes roaming, when you feel it is safe to do so. If they see you following they might set up a trap.

I was told that he was a good support and easy to play so this is just proof of the matter. Any hints you can give since I already own Nunu. Just have to start practicing.

Max bloodboil first, then ice blast. You just want to make sure that someone who will benefit from bloodboil has it on at all times. Usually the AD carry, though don't be afraid to give it to your bruisers if you see that they are doing more damage. Ice blast their AD, or a bruiser who is trying to kill your AD. I like to lane with philosophers stone, then rush ruby sightstone and runic bulwark.
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> nearly 3 hours of nobody saying a word
[02:19] * Tamer0 is now known as TamerAfk
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> gg toribash
[02:19] <+hampa> gg
Originally Posted by Boonana View Post
Listen to dargon.
Build frozen heart and shureilas, sit on your carry the entire game and blood boil him to death.

BEEP BOOP DOES NOT COMPUTE

THE TIME OF MAN HAS COME TO AN END
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
I've been level 30 for a while now but I've never played ranked. Mostly because I didn't think I was ready. Unsure of matchups and counters and I could only play three roles.
So I did some reading and most places I checked recommended knowing 3 champs in every role before starting ranked. Is this true? Like, will it actually help?

So pretty much yea, what Faint said. I'd love some tips on how to go about ranked. I know the general stuff like muting team mates and opponents who talk smack but is there anything more?

Its better to dodge if your team is full of retards and can't play a goddamn role. Other then that play with a couple of friends who actually know how to play, and don't feed like a bunch of morons.

Always start E, get 3 levels in it then max W. Reason you get early levels in E (atleast at my elo) rather than W is because you have more impact in lane and if you can poke the enemy adc out of lane, which is easy because every support player at my elo is trash tier, then it's free farm for your adc. It also maximises your burst at lvl 6.
Ward everything, passive gold gen now is cray and items are cheaper so you're gonna wanna buy wards.
No point getting a level in Q unless against Zyra or you feel like manmode turret diving.

Also most important thing, W your adc. And don't go oom.

I generally start: flask 4 pots and 2 wards. The sustain this gives is retarded.
I go 0/9/21 masteries. Runes are: MS Quints, GP10 seals, Armour reds, MR/lvl blues or flat mr I don't remember.
Last edited by Hippybob; Dec 24, 2012 at 08:45 PM.
I R IRONMAN
Originally Posted by Boonana View Post
Listen to dargon.

My taric says otherwise :3

And to add on to that. Any support can "carry", you just need to be good with them (hurdur)
Last edited by ed; Dec 24, 2012 at 09:37 PM.

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

now i feel like trying taric mid...
THIS WAS ORIGINALLY THE WORST SIGNATURE EVER, FOR YOUR SAKE IT WAS FIXED. ~ Vox
I played my first 5 ranked matches, and i'm at 1234 elo. Is that good for placement matches, or am I gonna be stuck in elo hell?
inq.