Toribash
Originally Posted by Faint View Post
Yay.

I'll add you tomorrow or something, if not, just add me.

Name on NA: Nokturnall

On a side-note, I've recently hit level 30 and I decided to try my hand at a few Ranked matches. I've won 3, and lost the other 3. The 3 I won were due to average/good teams who did not complain at every slight error each person made. The 3 I lost were because of idiot teams who complain about every little mistake. We lost an entire game due to someone AFKing because top gave first blood.

tl;dr: I'd like some tips on ranked before I start playing it a lot. I used to play it on an old level 30 I had at the start of Season 2, but that was Season 2, this is Season 3, and I'd like a few pointers in the right direction.

Any tips?

what was the 975rp thing you wanted?
I R IRONMAN
I've been level 30 for a while now but I've never played ranked. Mostly because I didn't think I was ready. Unsure of matchups and counters and I could only play three roles.
So I did some reading and most places I checked recommended knowing 3 champs in every role before starting ranked. Is this true? Like, will it actually help?

So pretty much yea, what Faint said. I'd love some tips on how to go about ranked. I know the general stuff like muting team mates and opponents who talk smack but is there anything more?
You should be able to play every role and a decent amount of champions in each one. If you're stuck last pick, you're the last priority in which role you get. Unless you're in a premade and you have the roles put out, obviously. Some people make it through with only knowing one role but that's because they threaten to feed and ultimately troll the game if they don't get it. Don't be that guy.
Originally Posted by 2worlds View Post
I'll let you guys in on a little secret

see this cunt

My AP Malphite says h- STAY DOWN!

But yeah, we're playin' League of Bruisers now. :')

Originally Posted by Solax View Post
I've been level 30 for a while now but I've never played ranked. Mostly because I didn't think I was ready. Unsure of matchups and counters and I could only play three roles.
So I did some reading and most places I checked recommended knowing 3 champs in every role before starting ranked. Is this true? Like, will it actually help?

So pretty much yea, what Faint said. I'd love some tips on how to go about ranked. I know the general stuff like muting team mates and opponents who talk smack but is there anything more?

Also, you should learn to carry and hard, before starting to play rankeds. Also, having good DuoQ partner for first 10 matches will help a lot. You if you win 8 and lose 2 get ranked somewhere ~1400.
Last edited by Dargon; Dec 24, 2012 at 03:23 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
so, everyone told jayce not to pic jayce because I'm top already and he still picked jayce, annie was supporting him "omg shut up vi he top"
Annie and Jayce were premades and they both picked roles they shouldn't.

Guess how it ended
Originally Posted by Solax View Post

What I do when I play ranked is call support and pick Nunu, and I get free elo for that.

Ranked history here
I R IRONMAN
Originally Posted by 2worlds View Post
bruiser mid faggotry

No, fuck you! Stop that shit right now! I like my mid lane the way it is, a passive farmfest. You ARE NOT going to turn my favourite lane into top lane, you bastard!
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> nearly 3 hours of nobody saying a word
[02:19] * Tamer0 is now known as TamerAfk
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> gg toribash
[02:19] <+hampa> gg
Originally Posted by Dr_Strangelove View Post
No, fuck you! Stop that shit right now! I like my mid lane the way it is, a passive farmfest. You ARE NOT going to turn my favourite lane into top lane, you bastard!

Bruisers are op in mid. Jax and Pantheon destroy.
I R IRONMAN
Originally Posted by Hippybob View Post
Bruisers are op in mid. Jax and Pantheon destroy.

Aslong as they have gap closers everything's cool
Originally Posted by Lume View Post
You should be able to play every role and a decent amount of champions in each one. If you're stuck last pick, you're the last priority in which role you get. Unless you're in a premade and you have the roles put out, obviously. Some people make it through with only knowing one role but that's because they threaten to feed and ultimately troll the game if they don't get it. Don't be that guy.

No way. I see people like that in normal mode. Even though it's normal and it's super casual people are still dicks and I've come to hate most of the lol community. I'll definitely make an effort to learn more champs and my missing roles.

Originally Posted by Dargon View Post
Also, you should learn to carry and hard, before starting to play rankeds. Also, having good DuoQ partner for first 10 matches will help a lot. You if you win 8 and lose 2 get ranked somewhere ~1400.

I like Ap mid which is what I play when I can in normals.
I try to carry as hard as I can under the circumstances that I'm given.

Matches

(Disregard that Co-op ai game)
But yea, not the greatest but I'm trying to improve. I'm pretty decent mechanically but I'm always working to improve. My main point of focus at the moment is map awareness. I suck at that still.

And regarding a good duo que partner:
I have a good mate who did what I'm trying to avoid. He jumped straight in to ranked and ended up at ~800 elo. He's carried himself out and up to ~1100 at the moment. We play regularly in Normal matches but I don't know if I should duo with him. How do you recognize/choose a good duo partner?

Originally Posted by Hippybob View Post
What I do when I play ranked is call support and pick Nunu, and I get free elo for that.

Ranked history here

8 to 1 with Nunu. Pretty good.
I was told that he was a good support and easy to play so this is just proof of the matter. Any hints you can give since I already own Nunu. Just have to start practicing.