Toribash
Originally Posted by BOOST View Post
Yeah, it's a bit obvious I don't need this much power to run Toribash, i do a lot of multitasking, like a lot. I like playing something while I have my apps running background (i have 3 screens), even Toribash lmao.

I could say that one of the reasons i acquired this CPU is to emulate console-exclusive games, like, Red Dead Redemption, the infamous series, midnight club.

But not really, besides the broken motherboard my old CPU for absolutely no reason had an issue where it went 100% all the time playing not that demanding games like fortnite and Apex Legends. it was an I7 9700k and the motherboard was an asus strix gaming E Z390 and to this date i still do not know what the heck was going on. I didn't see that much of an issue so i didn't really wanted to spend the money until this thing happened lol.

Currently playing Starfield, atomic hearts and im very excited for the new Payday 3, i played the beta and i really enjoyed it.

Oh yes now it all makes sense.
However, I do feel 3 monitors is a tad bit too much but then again it just could be that my work or leisure never demanded more than two. So i always feel, 1 is never enough, 3 is too many.

I should probably hop on RDR2, I've owned the game for the longest time but then again if I had spare time, I'd prolly be in-game more often on Toribash. I also don't like how servers are always an issue when I'm trying to play games with friends online
. . .
list0 on Discord, reach out for inquiries.
Or send me a private message, I'm responsive.

[m]

[7:19 PM] Aliosa: Can't have loopholes if there are no loops.

[9:14 AM] Viddah: Just remember if you step on toes youre gonna have to suck on them to make the pain go away
[9:16 AM] [Faux_fan]ancient: put me in the screenshot
hi mogur...
. . .

[m]

[9:14 AM] Viddah: Just remember if you step on toes youre gonna have to suck on them to make the pain go away
Originally Posted by TORIITO View Post
hi lugom

you're still around!
. . .

[m]

Likewise.
Adulting
. . .

[m]

Originally Posted by list View Post
Likewise.
Adulting

what's your monitor recommendation? I'm running the Viotek GFV24C (1080p 144hz 24 inch) as main monitor at the moment and cheaper ones as secondary and tertiary which i obviously use.

I'm still using the RTX 2080 TI, so I still have plenty of power to throw away in most of the games, I want to get 1440p.

I will not deny that the monitor is pretty basic and very "value for money." but honestly it gets the job done, however I'd like to jump to 1440p to have to finally get rid of these cheap monitors.

I am currently thinking of the Sceptre E275B-QPT168 (1440p, 165hz, 27 inch) as my new main monitor. and switch the one im currently using as my secondary and maybe switch to two screens setup or buying the same 1080p panel as a tertiary

thoughts?
oh no guys are we dead
-----
Originally Posted by BOOST View Post
what's your monitor recommendation? I'm running the Viotek GFV24C (1080p 144hz 24 inch) as main monitor at the moment and cheaper ones as secondary and tertiary which i obviously use.

I'm still using the RTX 2080 TI, so I still have plenty of power to throw away in most of the games, I want to get 1440p.

I will not deny that the monitor is pretty basic and very "value for money." but honestly it gets the job done, however I'd like to jump to 1440p to have to finally get rid of these cheap monitors.

I am currently thinking of the Sceptre E275B-QPT168 (1440p, 165hz, 27 inch) as my new main monitor. and switch the one im currently using as my secondary and maybe switch to two screens setup or buying the same 1080p panel as a tertiary

thoughts?

I sincerely apologize for delayed response BOOST.

What you'd like to purchase sounds fine to me. Your GPU should be able to push out the power required to run that FPS but I would highly doubt most recent games played on ultra settings at 1440p with your GPU. I use a 1080p ultrawide 30 inch 200hz MSI something, brands don't matter as much as long as you're not going off-brand. ASUS, MSI, BENQ anything that's a recognizable brand works tbh.

However for the size to res ratio, you're going to want to go 1440p above 30 inches, so you going 27 inches and 1440p, great decision, it'll be crisp and tight. But again, from personal experience - you will face difficulty hitting 165 fps at that resolution if its for gaming. If its for movies and work etc, amazing, good decision.

I would recommend you stick to 165hz and 27 inches for your new monitor but get 1080p instead of 1440p. If you're not interested in playing games at ultra, then whatever you said, works best!
Last edited by list; Oct 29, 2023 at 08:36 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
. . .

[m]

Originally Posted by list View Post
I sincerely apologize for delayed response BOOST.

What you'd like to purchase sounds fine to me. Your GPU should be able to push out the power required to run that FPS but I would highly doubt most recent games played on ultra settings at 1440p with your GPU. I use a 1080p ultrawide 30 inch 200hz MSI something, brands don't matter as much as long as you're not going off-brand. ASUS, MSI, BENQ anything that's a recognizable brand works tbh.

However for the size to res ratio, you're going to want to go 1440p above 30 inches, so you going 27 inches and 1440p, great decision, it'll be crisp and tight. But again, from personal experience - you will face difficulty hitting 165 fps at that resolution if its for gaming. If its for movies and work etc, amazing, good decision.

I would recommend you stick to 165hz and 27 inches for your new monitor but get 1080p instead of 1440p. If you're not interested in playing games at ultra, then whatever you said, works best!

Np! you get busy, that's okay.

Yes, I could agree that the GPU I've got might just a little bit short for some recent games, but it is up to game developers to optimize their game these days, we are talking about a 2080 TI, literally the best of the best 5 years ago, and it should handle 1440p with no issues even 4k. more than capable of reaching 200+ fps in competitive games like Fortnite, overwatch, apex, cs 2 in which graphics are not the priority. it's different for single player games where you really want to have the best graphical experience. At least for me you still can enjoy games like Horizon Zero Dawn and Starfield at 60 fps applying all the settings at ultra.

Games haven't really evolved in graphics within the past 5 years to be honest; ray tracing is almost null. and AAA games that are being released these days are horribly optimized. Basically, forcing you to upgrade to something completely overkill (the last of us and the recent Alan Wake 2 which let's be honest. it's a blatant way to get money off you.

If I were to justify my purchase, I just wanted to keep upgrading. I wanted a "multi use" monitor I could use for both competitive and graphical delight. Which by the way jumping from 1080p to 1440p is a noticeable difference when you apply Nvidia's DLSS. Very recommended.

My experience with this monitor is very pleasant. but I feel 27 inches is too big for the distance I usually play at.