Toribash
Sorry if I made offense to anyone, but I don't believe in god. I think the most well known is that God created the universe, but I think that's impossible. Because before the universe was made, there wasn't anything, so God wouldn't have existed right then.
Member of [Hunters]
Best Clan Ever!
Personally, I'm agnostic. I don't really care about if there's a supreme being or not, all that matters is that you are a good person overall. Coming from a family with a Muslim father and a Roman Catholic mother, I've come to tolerate and respect religions of other people, as long as they respect my lack thereof. Also, if I disagree with someone's religion, I come up with a reason for it, not just because it's different from my views.

Unfortunately, not everyone has the same tolerance for others, primarily American Christians. These people live in a bubble of ignorance, and really can't seem to have any respect for anyone other than American Christians. This, of course, doesn't apply to everyone, but an overwhelming majority. I'll give two reasons why I can't stand Christians in general:

1) They don't know about/care about any religion other than their own

This is a huge reason as to why I don't like to talk about religion to anyone in person. It's because none of them know what the hell they're talking about, unless it's on bragging about Jesus Christ.

For example, I was talking to my friend and I mentioned that my dad is Arabic (He was born in Syria) and that he is Muslim. My friend responds, "Wow, he's Muslim? Does he know any terrorists?". Nothing about the 5 Pillars of Islam, nothing about Ramadan, which is a one-month fasting period, nothing about the Qur'an. Just terrorists, and then he followed up with, "Does your mom wear that towel thing on her head?". Some people are extremely insensitive.

2) They try to cram Christianity down your throat

I dare my friends to try and teach me about Christianity. I've read the Bible, the Torah (English, not Hebrew), the Vedas (English, not Hindi), and the Qur'an (English, not Arabic), so I think that I know a little bit about most popular religions. I try and focus most of my efforts on Christianity so I can tell whether or not what my friends/any Christian says is bullshit or not.

One of my friends said, "Christianity is a religion of peace and non-violence!". I quoted Leviticus until he realized that it was the exact opposite. I school Jehovah's Witnesses when they come to my door. People need to understand that they can't fool people all the time, they need to be honest with people if they need to convert.
Well, ALL of my teachers has said this once. It's originally Chinese, so having me (not an translation expert) translate it might make it a bit confusing :/

All religion focuses on people being better (respectful, considerate, try best, etc.), world in peace, having a better environment, humans, animals, and all living things. (when disasters happen, normally religious groups donate stuff to the people that were affected)

And I don't think Muslim connects with terrorists so smoothly. When you say Muslim, I think the first thing that comes in my head is their "wrap-up" appearance. (No offense) Though because I didn't study almost anything about religion, I don't anything.
Member of [Hunters]
Best Clan Ever!
I'm a Christian. though, one thing I learned is, when arguing with atheists, you both have a point but still there are no solid evidence of both of the theories. It's our decision to believe in whatever we think is right. No one has the right to tell us that what we believe in is not true.

I just saw this somewhere, and it kinda makes some sense.

Bigbang theory: In the beginning there was nothing, which, exploded.
Creationist: If we believe in the same imaginary friend, then maybe he is real.
[Hunters] Pack Elder | Events squad leader | RSO | MMO
Gotkicks2
Lol, this is about the 3rd time we as a clan have discussed this topic.
Really didn't get us anywhere.
it's a nice past time. Hmm. anyother thing that everybody believes differently in? So we can have a health argument.
[Hunters] Pack Elder | Events squad leader | RSO | MMO
Gotkicks2
Lynx, I didn't say anything yet ;-;

I don't have a religion. My grandma is Catholic, and that's about all I know about my parents' parents beliefs. My parents don't believe in any god either, so the idea of being a Christian or something else never came to my mind. When I was 5, my grandma bought me a pocketsized Bible. 800 pages with the smallest letter size ever. When I was 6 I had fully read it. Not that I remember alot of it now, I never thought of the deeper meanings, etc. I read it as if it was a bundle of stories. I do remember the story about the sheep farmer, who lost a sheep. After a lot of searching he finally found it back . Also, the leader of one of our political parties is a bit of a racist, not naming anyone. He made Burka's illegal here, and made an offensive movie toward Muslims. Personally, I'm fine with all the different religions. It doesn't matter what people believe, as long as they don't try to force it onto me.
Im not getting in on this topic , I would end up writing an essay on the subject. But I will say this , personaly I see religion as a form of self comfort or meditation . For example , the buddhist religion. This is a very respectable faith due to the focus on ones inner peace and not a blood god.
I'll just say I do meditation about once per 2 days. Clear out my mind. It feels good (when I say this, a lot of my friends think about sex. I think its weird), to just temporarily blank out.
Member of [Hunters]
Best Clan Ever!