Toribash
Unobtainium. What a lame name for a mineral
Good movie, good landscapes, okay plot
Big Boss battle was interesting.
Ending was predictable.
elsewhere
I saw it in Imax 3D, and it really took me a few days to decide that I felt this way.... But the movie was rather lame if you ask me.
This is the Emergency Alert System. All normal programming has been discontinued during this emergency.
I didn't see it but after watching the trailer (which i really liked) i am so going to watch this film!
"Your ad could be here"
Pandora is my destiny!
Originally Posted by Stickicide View Post
Unobtainium. What a lame name for a mineral

Yeah, but it was the only thing that was badly named. (Luckily.)

I found it to be rather fun, and I'll probably buy it when it comes out. I like how they used special technology to make this possible, because, for the most part, all of the actions you see are actually acted out, with little to no CG. (Except for the ears, making the actors larger than life to fit into the roles as 'Navi', etc)

I think it could have suffered from what the movie 'Push' did, where they made up lots of crappy words (Well, definitions if you want to be technical...) and expected the audience to know everything. But it didn't, I don't think made up words were used too often, not including the second language.

I liked the acting, I didn't see any problems in it at all. All the creatures they designed were rather nice.

The natives have their own deity, which is kind of odd. Its all very mystical, but relives some plot holes in the movie, like all the animals having slots for the Navi.

The whole plot is basically Pocahontas, but it was an entertaining rendition of it. The 3-D was very good, and everything was in general very nice to look at. I felt while I was watching it that it was all real, which is what movies are all about, right? Mostly the plot is of a crazed general and an skeptic businessman, who together make crazy decisions.

Marines as 'hired guns', and a business man running it all, this is what I'd call a corporation, and this makes no sense.

If I were the businessman I'd correlate the high about of minerals with the tree being there, so I'd think blowing up hometree to be unthinkable.
The general really just wanted to pick a fight.
The whole thing, realistically, would be run by the government, not some corporation.

But, you have to remember that this is a fictional story, and try to keep an open mind. There were some tree-hugger bits, but mainly its a corporation seizing land that isn't rightfully theirs, along with some territorial natives. The corporation, or at least the general, is obviously the villain, making very rash decisions.

I felt that the ending was predictable, but still satisfying. Some things were unknown, unpredictable, like whether the love interest would die or not, etc.
lyh oui ihtancdyht drec?
ev oui lyh
maadhacc
I watched this with a freind today, and I have to say that I found it very good. The visual effects were amazing, some good acting, although, as stated above, Unobtanium is a bullshit name for something that's hard to get. ¬_¬

I have to say though, if I had watched it in 3d, which I did not, I would not have been as dazzled by the graphics. I think being able to view movies in 3D is just becoming a novelty. Sure, it was a revelation when it was new, but now it just ruins the viewing experience.
Last edited by iamrubbish; Jan 1, 2010 at 03:49 PM. Reason: "Ovelty"? *Facepalm*
The 3D was flawless. Everything seemed exactly right, there was no exaggeration, everything just seemed normal, which is part of what made it so immersive and beautiful.

You HAVE to see it in 3D to fully appreciate it.

The glasses are a little uncomfortable but after a bit you forget you're wearing them.
Also, none of that red and blue crap, these new glasses use the polarization of light.
Last edited by crazyMLC; Dec 31, 2009 at 12:21 AM.
lyh oui ihtancdyht drec?
ev oui lyh
maadhacc
great movie but i do find it odd that, as crazymlc said, every animal had "slots" for the navi.

i wonder how evolution went down on that moon to lead to all animals having slots for each other...

but if looking past that, the idea of there "deity" makes sense. its not truly a god of any sort but nature itself.

anyways ive heard that they are thinking of making 2 more films. considering how much work was put in to this movie, the ideas thrown in to the avatar universe that where never used, and how much money the series could make i think it would be a good idea.. i just want to see more from this, some extended content( books comics movies etc..)

yes i know some books are out but i want more!
Leader of [IN]
<3 Rappunk