Ranking
Original Post
GM recruitment!
For whatever reason I keep getting pms asking if this thing is still on (regardless of how I'm not a gm anymore) well the answer is no, it is no longer going. However gms are always accepting applications, and if you wish to send in an application I suggest you send it to any full gm or the user Risk

Hello members of the toribash community, it's that time again! Step up to the plate for a chance to join our little team that is the face of Nabi.

What does a GM do?
- GMs (Game Masters) host events and take care of in-game moderation. They aim to keep people entertained and keep toribash interesting.

Being a GM is no easy feat. In fact, many say that being a GM is the hardest job in Toribash.
With the teal name in the forums and dark red name in-game, all people can see that you are someone with power. Those people know answers to their questions. Those people do all the cool things in Toribash. Those people fucked up, so I can blame them. Those people banned me for no reason, so I have to be mean to them. Despite all the weird things that come to you, you have to act as the smiling face of Nabi, because that's what you are.

You will be working with people, so being outgoing and personable is a great plus.
You will be doing events for people, so creativity is a big thing here.
You will have lots of power, so you need to be reliable.
You will be in many situations which require a good sense of judgment.
Being active and enthusiastic is a necessity as a GM.
Last, but not least, ability to handle the above-mentioned stress.
There are no requirements regarding belts, ranks, in-game skills, post counts, join dates, knowing the current GMs, alt accounts or the like.

...Then, why be a GM?
Because holy shit it's amazing to be able to see your own work being appreciated by the masses
And the feeling of helping out people is always a nice feeling.
Of course this differs from person to person, but the point is that sure, it's hard, but it ain't like it's just suffering ;)

The application itself is free-form, but including your GMT is a necessity.
The application should be sent to Tonakai during these next two weeks, last day being 12. of February.
Also by the way if you've already applied within the last ~month don't send in a new application please (may want to make sure if you're still being considered, though).
If you need help with making your application, Dargon's done a nice tutorial exactly for that.

And now a few words for the gm team itself, all quotes are anonymous.

a gm

a gm

a gm

a gm

a gm

a gm

Last edited by Tim; May 3, 2014 at 04:55 AM.
* MMDES222 (webchat@1337-A8F5BA85.trktv.net) has joined #support
[13:47:19] <MMDES222> How to add a brother to the game to make it (mc)
[13:50:05] <@Stellar> What the fuck did you just say to me

Kristis133 is better than me
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post
You don't need ToriPrime or Forum VIP to be a GM.

The usertitle will be given to you if you make it past trial GM. It will be removed once you quit or once you are fired from the team. You won't need those things to do the GM job, and broadcasts as a GM are free; however, should only be used for GM work. That is to say if you're a GM, you shouldn't be using your free broadcast privileges to get people to check out your twitch.tv stream.

Just making sure I got this snippet correct: So then you could broadcast, say, a betting server for free. Just no useless posts or marketing advertisements, as it says in the global page?
If you head over to my house, you'll be (Mg,Fe)7Si8O22(OH)2
Originally Posted by TopHats View Post
Just making sure I got this snippet correct: So then you could broadcast, say, a betting server for free. Just no useless posts or marketing advertisements, as it says in the global page?

Precisely tophats, anything that goes under the normal broadcasts, such as tourneys or betting servers, those will go, but no useless stuff
h
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post
You don't need ToriPrime or Forum VIP to be a GM.

The usertitle will be given to you if you make it past trial GM. It will be removed once you quit or once you are fired from the team. You won't need those things to do the GM job, and broadcasts as a GM are free; however, should only be used for GM work. That is to say if you're a GM, you shouldn't be using your free broadcast privileges to get people to check out your twitch.tv stream.

Ah, so the trial gm part...your name automatically becomes red ingame if you made it past trial. But SOMEONE told me that it automatically becomes red once you're trial. ~Qubic.
Matarika|Mobinladen|Youngsandm|Darknis|2WC|Sidtheepic|
"Brains are like computers but squishy and very watery :3'' ~D
Originally Posted by MrDevilMan View Post
Ah, so the trial gm part...your name automatically becomes red ingame if you made it past trial. But SOMEONE told me that it automatically becomes red once you're trial. ~Qubic.

When you are in spectator mode, your name as a trail is yellow, in queue it is red and in chat, i only think this because i think i saw it o ishi, its a little brighter red than a full GM
h
Originally Posted by TopHats View Post

Just to add this, using free broadcasting privileges to make a profit is against the rules. So if you charge a person 2k to broadcast a message, you will most likely be fired or something along those lines.

In-game as a trial, you will receive a % sign next to your name and when you chat the color of your chat name will be yellow. You will not receive any red color until you make it past trial GM.
Originally Posted by Gargon555 View Post
When you are in spectator mode, your name as a trail is yellow, in queue it is red and in chat, i only think this because i think i saw it o ishi, its a little brighter red than a full GM

Yeah, I think I saw it on Ishi. Also, basically what you've said, when a trial gm is in spectator mode, it's still yellow, and I've definitely saw it on Ishi. Maybe he was going to resign?
Originally Posted by Qubic View Post
That is not what I said at all.

When you become a trial GM, you're added to a usergroup, which gives you certain privileges and the yellow name ingame. There is no usertitle at this time. The yellow is only applied to the name when a trial GM talks ingame. So basically, their name is only yellow in the chat. This goes for the red name of the full GM too. The % is applied to the trial GMs name when they're in the queue. It disappears if they spec. This goes for the ~ of a full GM too.

When you graduate to full GM, you're added to a different usergroup, which gives you many more privileges and the red name ingame. Your name color also changed on the forums and you get a little usertitle "Gamemaster."

To clarify the whole VIP/TP thing, us GMs basically have VIP/TP with the job. We get unlimited signature room (not to be abused obviously), use of a signature picture, a larger avatar size, free broadcasts, etc.

VIP/TP don't come with the job, but all of their main functions are given to a player once they become a full GM. The free broadcasts are only to be used for GM events, like gmtourney/gmbets/etc.

Though if you just want the job because it gives you these privileges, then don't even bother applying. There is no extra money or anything involved, and it's a lot of work. If a person would just like to become a GM for the fame/privileges, we don't want them on the GM team. We need dedicated players who want to help the community.

Ok, sorry. Didn't mean it that way.
Matarika|Mobinladen|Youngsandm|Darknis|2WC|Sidtheepic|
"Brains are like computers but squishy and very watery :3'' ~D
What Qubic is trying to say is the yellow you see on ishi is an experimental thing for admins that may possibly be used instead of % and ~. Otherwise its normal as always and nothing special is given except the symbols and the yellow and red chat names.