Ranking
Original Post
Toribash 3.9 development
Hi,

For those who want to test the alpha releases and follow development of 3.9 I will post updates here:

Here is the first alpha release. This is ONLY the exe file. Put it into your current toribash directory to test.
https://cache.toribash.com/tb-3.9-1.zip

New features I am testing in this build:
- Real time ray tracing - enable it in options. works with GeForce 9800 GT
- Shaders menu (open with ctrl-h)
- Reflective non-shader bodyparts/joints
Last edited by hampa; Mar 25, 2010 at 08:34 AM.
Badass is the only thing to describe it.

A couple of things that I've noticed though.
It completely changes some colors, lighterish.

The avatars are also partially greyed out depending on the rotation of the camera.

And a suggestion.

Reflection fade out.
Last edited by Yourface; Mar 26, 2010 at 02:01 AM.
Originally Posted by veb View Post
http://i.imgur.com/zbMxl.png

46" TV running Toribash at 1600x900 screen rez. Real-time raytracing at 40fps.

That's awesome.

Can't wait till' it comes out on OSX, hopefully my shitty laptop can support the new real time raytracing feature, let alone shaders at 3 fps...
Its ok but the transparency is a mess. I like the raytrace but... it looks like the toris had gel on them or something. if it was more mettalic that would be badass. for some reason it lagged me out of multiplayer... maybe just a fluke. other than that its amazing love all the shaders. i have about 45fps but it seems slower and for an unknown reason the timer seems to be in overdrive...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mammary Gland Holders of the Humanoid Lifeforms Commonly Known As, Homo Sapiens.
Originally Posted by darkdoom1 View Post
I like the raytrace but... it looks like the toris had gel on them or something. if it was more mettalic that would be badass.

It depends on the world shader you've got turned on. Some look like you say, a few look kinda 'glassy'. The best results I've managed were using Pirate's shaders

Nice & shiny without looking like something has been painted on my tori. It'll look epic when bumps are working again.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Oh god this is epic! unfortunately I have a mac >.> cant use it :.(
[T3AL][Fish][o7]
My name's Mr. Cupcake.